PDA

View Full Version : Meeting place near Embankment

xchaotic
4th August 2010, 11:36
I've not made it to Thursday drinks just yet, but since many of you have and know the area quite well...

Where (near Charing Cross) would you recommend to meet for a business lunch, where it's quiet enough (i.e. not busy) and has WiFi and table big enough for a pint and a laptop?

I've tried some places, where I like the food, but they have all been very noisy and busy...

SupremeSpod
4th August 2010, 11:45
I've not made it to Thursday drinks just yet, but since many of you have and know the area quite well...

Where (near Charing Cross) would you recommend to meet for a business lunch, where it's quiet enough (i.e. not busy) and has WiFi and table big enough for a pint and a laptop?

I've tried some places, where I like the food, but they have all been very noisy and busy...

Buy a smaller laptop - or maybe a Nokia N900...

Oi CM! I'd really like a Nokia N900, have I mentioned it?

xchaotic
4th August 2010, 11:50
Okay let me rephrase that?

Where would you recommend to meet for a business lunch, where it's quiet and has WiFi and table big enough for a pint and a :speliPad:spel?

My iPad beats your N900 because I can summon a spell of 900 flaming Apple fanbois from a nearby Oxford store.

SupremeSpod
4th August 2010, 11:55
Okay let me rephrase that?

My iPad beats your N900 because I can summon a spell of 900 flaming Apple fanbois from a nearby Oxford store.

Apples are for artistic(gay) people! There is a reason why the apple logo has a bite taken out of it you know!

cojak
4th August 2010, 12:28
You'll be lucky, the only place that never seems to be heaving around there is the Burger King in at CC station.

The Strand Palace hotel not far from Charing Cross has a nice restaurant though.

thunderlizard
4th August 2010, 12:32
The Savoy should be able to sort you out if you want to impress, or the Thistle Hotel next to the station if you don't.

doodab
4th August 2010, 12:41
There is a place called the international on the corner of st martins lane that used to be nice although I have no idea if they have wifi or not. The Punch Tavern does though it might be a bit far to walk.

thunderlizard
4th August 2010, 12:42
Oh yes, the International is nice. Forgot about Simpson's too (doh!)

xchaotic
4th August 2010, 15:39
There is a place called the international on the corner of st martins lane that used to be nice although I have no idea if they have wifi or not. The Punch Tavern does though it might be a bit far to walk.

Thanks for that... and btw they're still renovating Savoy, doesn't really impress me too much at this stage, but very keep to see it when it's finished...

bobspud
4th August 2010, 18:35
If you make it as far as St Martins Lane then I would use the St Martins Lane Hotel :) has wifi and a nice bar.

darmstadt
4th August 2010, 18:49
Sandwiches from M&S, a bottle of water and a bench in front of anyone of the government buildings there. Seeing as the IT is more than likely outsourced to the cheapest bidder the wi-fi liable to be open :smile

Platypus
4th August 2010, 20:16
Apples are for artistic(gay) people! There is a reason why the apple logo has a bite taken out of it you know!

Hey, looks like they have the Nokia in your colour, SS :laugh

http://www.cell-phone-web.com/uploads/userup/0904/0H00151G56.jpg