• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of The Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job of The Day

I
    am currently recruiting for an IT company based in the South West. The client is a major supplier in Telecommunication and IT and this role would be based solely in their IT department.

My client is looking for a motivated individual with a proven track record within the IT industry. The role requires a seasoned professional. The successful candidate will have dealt with failing projects and the entire project lifecycle. The size of the projects is not of huge importance but ideally you will have dealt with projects over £500,000 with you personal sign off being in the tens of thousands upwards.

Requirements

ü Proven track record in IT industry
    ü Projects over £500,000 pounds
    ü Experience with failing projects
    ü Agile (scum) or Prince 2 Certification
    ü Good communication Skills
    ü Change and risk management experience- preferred but not essential.

Poison Chalice anyone?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

The successful candidate will have dealt with failing projects and the entire project lifecycle
    from inception all the way through to premature canning?

Comment

+ does it really say "Agile (scum)"?

(because of course Agile and Prince2 are dead similar. Either will be fine...)

Comment

I used to get pulled on to failing projects on my last perm job. Used to piss me right off.

Especially the biggy where at the beginning I did a risk analysis and a very passionate speech about how in 18 months time it wouldnt work and why.

18 months later it didnt work.

VP called me and said, you were right, I'm handing you the project to sort it out, you've got three months!!!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I used to get pulled on to failing projects on my last perm job. Used to piss me right off.

Especially the biggy where at the beginning I did a risk analysis and a very passionate speech about how in 18 months time it wouldnt work and why.

18 months later it didnt work.

VP called me and said, you were right, I'm handing you the project to sort it out, you've got three months!!!
          Did you have a cape?
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            Did you have a cape?
            I think it was the nappy phase!
            Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
            Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Failure guaranteed or your money back.

Comment

Working...
              X