• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Stig?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Stig?

So the beeb has lost their case banning an autobiography of former Formula Three driver Ben Collins because it would reveal the Stig's identity.

One of the TG producers has been slagging him (Collins) off on the TG tinterweb blog.

His days in the white hat must be numbered now, surely.

I'm guessing he'll be sidelined now and a new character that noone really cares about will be introduced.
    Last edited by Pondlife; 1 September 2010, 13:09. Reason: speelink

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I'm guessing he'll be sidelined now and a new character that noone really cares about will be introduced.
    Darth Vader?

Comment

Well it must be frustrating being such hit without being able to cash in on your popularity, I doubt he was getting anywhere near JC's money.

Good luck to him.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Some people say that his veins are filled with liquified pies, and that he can drive 2 BMWs at once...

We know him as Threaded...

Spod - In "You saw it here first!" mode...

Comment

Does he like films about gladiators?

Comment

Like Top Gear in general? It has become very tedious and repetitive.
            Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              Some people say that his veins are filled with liquified pies, and that he can crash 2 Lambo's at once...

We know him as Threaded...

Spod - In "You saw it here first!" mode...
              FTFY
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                Well it must be frustrating being such hit without being able to cash in on your popularity, I doubt he was getting anywhere near JC's money.

Good luck to him.
                No more frustrating than having never progressed past F3 driving I would imagine.

The guys a shyster who has probably succeeded in killing one of the last remaining entertaining segments of TG.

For that, I hope his book bombs.

Comment

I have it on good authority (previous F1 racing client beginning with an M and based just outside Woking) that there are a few stigs

Also some car manufacturers when showcasing their cars on Top Gear will not allow the in house Stig to drive it and will supply their own Stig.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

The Stig is quite a brand, he's almost certainly more widely recognised than any of the 'real' presenters and is a bit of a UK institution - hence Barrichello buying other F1 drivers "I didn't beat the Stig" shirts.

I'm sure TG will manage to poke fun at themselves about it, like they did when Schumacher came on the show.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X