• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The trouble with Peter Tatchell

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trouble with Peter Tatchell

Why are channel 4 allowing him to have an hour of bigoted ranting?

Not actually seen what he has said but perhaps people don't feel kindly to organisations that continually condemn them and try to restrict their rights to conduct their private lives as they see fit. Funny that.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Why are channel 4 allowing him to have an hour of bigoted ranting?
      I blame Brian Dowling. Before him there had never been a gay person on TV before.

I also blame Peter Sellers for the influx of Indian FTVs over the last decade.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Not actually seen what he has said but perhaps people don't feel kindly to organisations that continually condemn them and try to restrict their rights to conduct their private lives as they see fit. Funny that.
        I don't see Channel 4 giving time to Jonathan King or Paul Gadd to talk about their private lives!!!

Comment

3 million Catholics in South Africa, 6.7 million aids victims.

40 million Catholics in Spain, 140,000 aids victims.

If that twit even comments that AIDS is spread by Catholicism then one would remind him that the disease kills more homosexuals than catholics in this country by a magnitide of thousands.

I don't mind him having an opinion but would he let a gay basher 1 hour on the channel stating that aids is spread by homosexuals?

Comment

I'm just lost on the irony of a homosexual who admits he has lost dozens of friends to HIV/AIDS blaming the catholic church for the spread of the disease.

Comment

I don't mind him having an opinion but would he let a gay basher 1 hour on the channel stating that aids is spread by homosexuals?
              Not true I'm afraid.
              Surely all the Catholic church has to do is reclassify condoms as disease prevention rather than contraceptive devices?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Not true I'm afraid.
                Surely all the Catholic church has to do is reclassify condoms as disease prevention rather than contraceptive devices?
                I'm sure you would like the chance to revisit what I posted.

AIDS/HIV is a disease spread with it's highest contagion level amongst homosexuals so I therefore ask why a homosexual has been given a stand to mock the Catholic church over the spread of AIDS/HIV.

This country has allowed freedom of speech to run too far.

Comment

I'm sure you would like the chance to revisit what I posted.

AIDS/HIV is a disease spread with it's highest contagion level amongst homosexuals so I therefore ask why a homosexual has been given a stand to mock the Catholic church over the spread of AIDS/HIV.

This country has allowed freedom of speech to run too far.
                  It hasn't Minestrone. Thats the problem. The UK does not have true Free Speech unlike the US. You only have to look at that Pastor who wanted to burn the Quran. If that was the UK, he would have been arrested.

It's not Free Speech, it's PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    I thought the idea went that catholics shouldn't be shagging other men / women / animals in the first place so disease should not be spread, and they should only be shagging their husbands / wives for the purposes of procreation. Or have I not understood the catholic take on sex ? (IANAC).
                    Last edited by moorfield; 11 September 2010, 20:37.

Comment

Working...
                    X