• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tomorrow

going to meet my OH who has just travelled a long long way on the trans-siberian, we spoke for the first time in two weeks the other night and I'm thinking this might not be a great relationship if he spends his holidays doing this rather than something with me.... most men I know buy holidays for both when they can, mine goes where he likes and sometimes includes me but not always

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    who has just travelled a long long way on the trans-siberian
    That's like a week on a train - beats flying airplane though

Comment

going to meet my OH who has just travelled a long long way on the trans-siberian, we spoke for the first time in two weeks the other night and I'm thinking this might not be a great relationship if he spends his holidays doing this rather than something with me.... most men I know buy holidays for both when they can, mine goes where he likes and sometimes includes me but not always
      What a class bloke. Frankly you're lucky to have someone which such a devil may care attitude and sense of adventure.

Just make sure there is a hot meal waiting for him, you've cleared a week to do his washing and you've had a wash down below.

Selfish cow.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Having very independent lives works well for some couples, not right for you obviously. He 'aint likely to change, until he gets old and boring anyway.

Maybe your OH is the chap I wrote a short story about once.

Xoggoth Tales 8
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

You might be right Boudica but who wants a puppy dog bloke anyway? As long as you get decent time together why worry?
          Oh and outsource his laundry and give him the bill. If you are still not happy outsource other 'servces' too.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

we spoke for the first time in two weeks the other night and I'm thinking this might not be a great relationship if he spends his holidays doing this rather than something with me....
            Well spotted boudica. Best to ditch him now, sounds like he is a tad boring. The trans-siberian express........

DAY 1

Great view of tundra............and snow...........and more tundra. Yippee!!

DAY 2

Breakfast of weetabix with beetroot milk

Another excellent view of snow.......and a bit of tundra.......OH....and an elk?? Oh no...false alarm, just a small bush.
            More tundra hoves into view though.

DAY 3

No tundra today........but lots of snow. And some trees in the distance.
            And a small house with a smoking chimney.

DAY 4

..............................etc.

What an imagination. When he could be with his bird playing hide the sausage. What sort of a guy is he?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Is he Train Basher?

It depends on how you feel about being a 'second' I s'pose. If you do the same (are you packing for that Kilimanjaro exped?) then it's fine.

If you're sitting there waiting for him and rather wishing that you were on that train as well, it's not.

I would actually organise that Kilimanjaro exped and tell him once it's a done deal, see how he reacts.

If it's one of relief then he's an adventurer who is keen for you to be your own woman. If he takes the hump then he's an egotistical, selfish git and you'd be well shot of him.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Is he Train Basher?

It depends on how you feel about being a 'second' I s'pose. If you do the same (are you packing for that Kilimanjaro exped?) then it's fine.

If you're sitting there waiting for him and rather wishing that you were on that train as well, it's not.

I would actually organise that Kilimanjaro exped and tell him once it's a done deal, see how he reacts.

If it's one of relief then he's an adventurer who is keen for you to be your own woman. If he takes the hump then he's an egotistical, selfish git and you'd be well shot of him.
                WCS. Then if you're v disappointed by his reaction, perhaps you're not compatible. Good luck B.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Start subtley to apply pressure and disappointment at his next travel plans and make sure you show as little interest as possible in his tales of travel.
                  Make sure that you reward him with a pleasant attitude when he is doing what you want and the reverse when he doesn't. Make sure to talk to your friends and family to validate what you are doing and convince you that you are right and he is a selfish pig who needs 'to change'. Once you have squeezed all that nasty 'wanting to do what makes him happy' stuff out of him, sack him off for being 'not the man I thought he was'.....Contact friends to confirm you were right.
                  I hope he realises first and bails....

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                    Start subtley to apply pressure and disappointment at his next travel plans and make sure you show as little interest as possible in his tales of travel.
                    Make sure that you reward him with a pleasant attitude when he is doing what you want and the reverse when he doesn't. Make sure to talk to your friends and family to validate what you are doing and convince you that you are right and he is a selfish pig who needs 'to change'. Once you have squeezed all that nasty 'wanting to do what makes him happy' stuff out of him, sack him off for being 'not the man I thought he was'.....Contact friends to confirm you were right.
                    I hope he realises first and bails....
                    Jeez. Someone got out the wrong side of bed this morning.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X