• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Westbourne Partners - London Finance - Beware

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westbourne Partners - London Finance - Beware

These guys are total jokers - They will send you for interviews and cut the rate last minute.

I would stay well away from them

PM me if you want more details

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
    These guys are total jokers - They will send you for interviews and cut the rate last minute.
    Too bad to hear that, but that's just the way some people do business and I wouldn't necessarily blame the agency for the rate cut either....

Good luck with the job hunting.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Yup more likely the bank I think. If you don't already have a contract think carefully before turning it down, looks like the reason for the unexpected cut is the market is going sour.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

And this is new how? All agents do it or have tried it at some point.

Sorry to be harsh but judging by some of your previous posts your reputation isn't exactly one to be taking advice from right at the moment...

Post some interesting stuff, show us you have a grasp of contracting, accounting etc then add value to the board.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

"Post some interesting stuff, show us you have a grasp of contracting, accounting etc then add value to the board. "

Well I've managed so far without doing any of that
          Last edited by Pogle; 23 September 2010, 16:21. Reason: to add quote
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            "Post some interesting stuff, show us you have a grasp of contracting, accounting etc then add value to the board. "

Well I've managed so far without doing any of that
            But you are a gerbil so it is expected
            Last edited by northernladuk; 23 September 2010, 16:28. Reason: last joke was crap... probably like this one
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              And this is new how? All agents do it or have tried it at some point.

Sorry to be harsh but judging by some of your previous posts your reputation isn't exactly one to be taking advice from right at the moment...

Post some interesting stuff, show us you have a grasp of contracting, accounting etc then add value to the board.
              Ive got to agree with the Big Fella (aka Northern Lad) on this one.

All your posts seem to be about being fearful of being audited and being ripped off by someone or the other.

Seems to me youre someone who sails close to the wind and sometimes you get burnt. You also sound like someone who moans a lot. Youre not exactly representative of us Aussies.

Comment

I've got good business contacts with Westbourne - send me £100 and I can definitely fix it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I've got good business contacts with Westbourne - send me £100 and I can definitely fix it for you.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    But you are a guinea pig so it is expected
                    FTFY
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X