• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Conditional formatting in subtotalled rows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conditional formatting in subtotalled rows

Hi guys

Need to pick your brains again if you would be so kind. I need to be able to conditionally format subtotalled rows so that duplicates are indentified - e.g. the subtotals are in rows A3, A16, A24, A36 and the duplicates would be A3 & A16. Either that or I need to add in a formula that would appear next to the subtotal row when the subtotal itself is at level 2.

Hope that makes sense (although I would be surprised on a Friday afternoon) - any help appreciated
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Unless I've misunderstood (likely)

Highlight A3 and goto conditional formatting.

Select 'Cell value' 'equal to' 'A16' and define whatever format you want A3 to appear as if it's a duplicate of A16.

Comment

Working...
    X