• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft Security Essentials & BitDefender

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Security Essentials & BitDefender

I already have BitDefender, which I think is a malware-only scanner? I'm installing MSE now, does this mean I should remove bitdefender or leave it?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I switched to Microsoft Security Essentials on the promise of a small footprint AV solution, it lasted for 3 days and I switched back to AVG (Free). There seems to be a long running issue where the msseces process takes up ~50% cpu time (explorer.exe takes up most of the rest) and there is no reliable advice on what the cause/solution is.

Comment

I'll watch for that but in the meantime, it doesn't really answer the question... are MSE & BitDefender complementary or orthogonal or conflicting?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If you Install MSE and have bit defender activated , it will be disabled after Installing MSE,Not Bad recommend for my pc basic users !

Comment

WWS - MSE does what Defender does, and more.

Its unobtrusive, free for personal use, and also now free for SMEs up to 10 PCs

Comment

Working...
          X