• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate in Germany?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate in Germany?

So ppl a quick question, I may have a potential gig out in lovely Germany, what kind of rate should I be aiming for? a similar role in the UK would be for circa £450

thanks in advance for any useful replies.

Like in England rates vary, difficult to know.

EUR 60 an hour is fairly standard, EUR 80 is on the high side.

So looks like its worth a try at EUR 80.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

I think 80 euros per hour will bring it down to approx £425 a day (ish)

If money doesnt come in to the equation, what are the benefits of working in Germany? is it less formal? easier going? less stressfull etc?

The agent who phoned me about this gig also told me that they couldnt find anyone with the same level of experience or knowledge, I work in a very nice niche area, so surely he is just asking me to spank him lol

thank in advance

Comment

Try this link to work out your rate in Germany
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Thanks for that it looks like I should be looking more at the 90 euros mark.

Considering the agent started off talking about between 60-70 euros, just shows they are robbing scum all over the world.

Obviously our very own Dodgy Agent is ok lol

Comment

The thing to bear in mind Harry is that most contractors get between EUR 60-70, so if a client doesn't often employ someone in the niche area he probably won't know the going rate is 90. I doubt very much the agent is pulling a fast one.

Still if that is what Gulp says, go for EUR 90.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

For what I do, rates in Germay are above that available in any other (sensible) country.

But what I do doesn't command close to 450pd in the UK, 300 is nearer the mark.

Not sure if this is helpful or not.

tim

Comment

The rates in Germany are higher than rates outside London but lower than London rates. Also sectors such as Telco and real-time automotive stuff is good in Germany. Banking on the otherhand is pretty hopeless.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

I recently contracted in Frankfurt & found rates to be around that which you would find in london...but there again, it does depend on location(city/town) and the role(financial/non-financial). I also found living costs around the same as you would find here too.(rent/food/ent)

I would go back, certainly this year as the whole country is gearing up for the World Cup..and if you can get a 6 monther...well, it will be on your doorstep

Comment

Working...
                  X