• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sports injury

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sports injury

for the past 5 weeks i have been patiently waiting for a groin tear to heal up so i can go back to footy. still sore. it's like i just need to not move at all for a couple of weeks, but obviously that's not practical.

seriously, has anyone had this kind of injury, how long is a piece of string in terms of recovery time and is there anything else i could be doing to help things recover quicker

flame away, but this is a serious problem that is getting me down.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Never done that type of injury.

Tore the cartilage in both knees trying to show off by picking up two mates like a couple of kids under each arm. Stood up and my bloody knees went. Took about 3 months.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I would always pull my groin when playing 5-a-side until I discovered a great thing called warming up.
      I used to leather the ball a few times and that was me all limbered up but suffered the next day.

I've not had the sort of injury you mention but I have only just got rid of a pain that was lower back all the way down my right leg and I'd had it for 4/5 months.
      I did some specific warming up exercise to stretch the area and I've been pain from for about a month now.

Have a google for exercise for a groin injury.

Sorry I could be more help but sometimes time is needed

Comment

Good site here for diagnosis and treatment of aches and sprains etc. When I was playing sport regularly I used to use it as a tick list to keep score of what I'd had.

Groin Strain Injury

A Groin Strain is one of the most common injuries in sports, especially football. The term describes a strain of the Adductor muscles that are located on the inside of the thigh. The injury usually occurs when the muscle is forcibly stretched beyond its limits and the muscle tissue tears. A tear in a muscle is referred to as a strain and, depending on its severity, is classified as a first, second or third degree strain.

The immediate treatment for any muscle injury consists of the RICE protocol - rest, ice, compression and elevation (never apply ice directly to the skin). As a general rule, grade one Groin Strains should be rested from sporting activity for about 3 weeks, and grade two injuries for about 4 to 6 weeks. In the case of a complete rupture, the muscle may have to be repaired surgically and the rehabilitation afterwards will take at least 3 months.

Common Groin Strain signs & symptoms:

* A sensation of pain, tightness or cramp in the inner thigh.
        * Groin pain when turning and kicking a football.
        * Sharp pain when walking in severe cases.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          a groin tear
          Was it your technique?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Was it your technique?
            fail

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              Good site here for diagnosis and treatment of aches and sprains etc. When I was playing sport regularly I used to use it as a tick list to keep score of what I'd had.

I get the after a good night shagging or night on the piss.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I get the after a good night shagging or night on the piss.
                but not after a bout of getting a good shoeing in a cage. seems strange.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  for the past 5 weeks i have been patiently waiting for a groin tear to heal up so i can go back to footy. still sore. it's like i just need to not move at all for a couple of weeks, but obviously that's not practical.

seriously, has anyone had this kind of injury, how long is a piece of string in terms of recovery time and is there anything else i could be doing to help things recover quicker

flame away, but this is a serious problem that is getting me down.
                  Yep, I´ve had that one. Groin strains/tears can take a long time to heal as it´s almost impossible to rest them, as you´ve discovered. However, the most recent research suggests that stength training with an injury can actually aid quicker recovery. Don´t know though; I haven't tried that myself.

You need to establish what has actually happened. Is it a muscle injury or is a tendon injured? A physio might help you there. If you think it's a muscle strain then I have some questions to establish the grade of strain;

1 What did the pain feel like when it happened? How much pain, what kind of pain?

2 How long did the pain last?

3 Was there any swelling or bruising, either immediately or in the week after?

4 is there any visible deformity now?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Sounds like an in-growing testicle. Nasty.

Comment

Working...
                    X