• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I hate macros

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate macros

Hey guys sorry to do this to you Friday pm but HELP!!!!!!! Recorded a macro which has ground to a halt and the debug says the problem is here:

Selection.FormatConditions(Selection.FormatConditi ons.Count).SetFirstPriority
    With Selection.FormatConditions(1).Font
    .ThemeColor = xlThemeColorDark1
    .TintAndShade = 0
    End With

Was a simple conditional format to say that if the column contained a certain text change the font to white.

As always any ideas gratefully received

Don't worry - sussed it - have a good weekend all
    Last edited by LisaContractorUmbrella; 29 October 2010, 13:55.
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

good to hear it. I did see that on Friday but though...can't be bothered.

Ting is, people who don't know Excel VBA wouldn't be able to help, but people who do know Excel VBA would want to start from scratch and needs lots of context information.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      good to hear it. I did see that on Friday but though...can't be bothered.

Ting is, people who don't know Excel VBA wouldn't be able to help, but people who do know Excel VBA would want to start from scratch and needs lots of context information.
      Thanks Mr Lizard - does seem that people in the know are quite um well passionate about VBA - saving your Lizardship's pardon of course

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

I have to ask though.... why couldn't you use the conditional formatting feature in Excel, rather than using VBA?

R.
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
          I have to ask though.... why couldn't you use the conditional formatting feature in Excel, rather than using VBA?

R.
          The conditional formatting was just a tiny part of a big macro

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
          X