• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stagflation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stagflation

Pay rises fall below rate of inflation | Metro.co.uk

Rising prices, low wages and high unemployment. This is the price of 13 years of Labour power.

We aint seen nothing yet. It looks as if food, energy, clothes, insurance, etc. are all going to go stratospheric. Nothing that will push up the inflation figures though.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      We aint seen nothing yet. It looks as if food, energy, clothes, insurance, etc. are all going to go stratospheric. Nothing that will push up the inflation figures though.
      At least the addition of last years hi-tech goods to the basket of staple items will keep the official rate of inflation a fraction of the real rate of inflation, after all we buy a plasma TV and original xbox every week and never buy food, clothes or pay for gas and electric.

Comment

And to top it all off people are out there shooting stags as well
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Time for the BoE to print some more billions of pounds then.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Time for the BoE to print some more billions of pounds then.
            btw are you still holding dollars? I crumbled and sold half of mine yesterday for approx 5% loss since I bought them, against GBP, and they're still falling. At least my gold has more or less made up my dollar losses. Next it will be Sterling's turn to fall I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              And to top it all off people are out there shooting stags as well
              You shouldn't do that; Stags are becoming quite collectible these days.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                At least the addition of last years hi-tech goods to the basket of staple items will keep the official rate of inflation a fraction of the real rate of inflation, after all we buy a plasma TV and original xbox every week and never buy food, clothes or pay for gas and electric.

Hmm, my new XBox tastes of chicken.

Comment

btw are you still holding dollars? I crumbled and sold half of mine yesterday for approx 5% loss since I bought them, against GBP, and they're still falling. At least my gold has more or less made up my dollar losses. Next it will be Sterling's turn to fall I expect.
                  I'm still holding a fair amount in dollars. I won't be swapping it back to sterling, if anything I'll be buying a holiday home in Miami instead, when it looks like US house prices have bottomed.

Probably something like this

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-...-26964206.html

Fantastic 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom property located in this stunning location with views of the inland waterways and close to the stunning beaches. Recently reduced from £475,000 to £299,000!

When it's <£200K for a 5 bed house with a pool, I'll snap one up.
                  Last edited by DimPrawn; 4 November 2010, 11:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    You shouldn't do that; Stags are becoming quite collectible these days.
                    That's a very fine specimin - did you shoot it yourself?
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X