• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fidelity China Special Situations (Anthony Bolton's fund)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fidelity China Special Situations (Anthony Bolton's fund)

Anyone else invested in this?

I have an ISA with this fund since launch (some 6 months or so ago) and it's gained 25% in that short time. I have recently gone way overweight on this fund given the fact that Bolton is managing it and is in the country most are expecting to evolve the most over the next 20 years or so. A revaluation of the currency of also certainly help investors in this fund.

I previously held a China Focus fund and an India Focus fund through Fidelity, but got out way too soon. The India one went onwards and upwards and is now 400% of the value it was some 5 years back.

Edit: Just to clarify, it's an Investment Trust and not a Unit Trust. Current value is ~10% above NAV but this has not deterred investors.

Is this a question or are you just letting us know?

Comment

Yeah, and can you rephrase the question to explain how you go about buying this thing?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Is this a question or are you just letting us know?

The question's in the first line. It's the line with the question mark at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          The question's in the first line. It's the line with the question mark at the end.
          Good point well made.

No.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Good point well made.

No.

How do you know?

Comment

At such a premium, it is a raging sell. Sell and reinvest in a much better value fund.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                At such a premium, it is a raging sell. Sell and reinvest in a much better value fund.
                WHS

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  Yes, normally this would be the case, but every so often you get an Investment Trust which consistently outperforms and experiences persistent demand from investors. I believe Fidelity China Special Situations (ticker: FCSS) is one such case, and I have put my money on to back up my view.

If you had invested £10,000 in Bolton's Special Situations fund at launch in 1979 it would be worth over £1,500,000 today. Now of course that is exceptional and I don't expect it to be repeated but I would be happy with anywhere near that level of growth! With FCSS My objective is very long term, and China is a long term play, so a "small" 10% correction is not going to concern me in the longer run.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    Yes, normally this would be the case, but every so often you get an Investment Trust which consistently outperforms and experiences persistent demand from investors. I believe Fidelity China Special Situations (ticker: FCSS) is one such case, and I have put my money on to back up my view.

If you had invested £10,000 in Bolton's Special Situations fund at launch in 1979 it would be worth over £1,500,000 today. Now of course that is exceptional and I don't expect it to be repeated but I would be happy with anywhere near that level of growth! With FCSS My objective is very long term, and China is a long term play, so a "small" 10% correction is not going to concern me in the longer run.
                    If it were 1979 I'd say go for it, but where's the value now?

If you had bought a bedsit in 1979 for £10,000 in Chelsea it would be worth £1,500,000 today too.

Comment

Working...
                    X