• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the Modellers here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the Modellers here

I was wondering if there are any professional modellers here, possibly a guru with a Sas background, who could answer this question for me.

If it is possible to make this judgement, what is the most difficult to model, the economy, or the global climate ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Leather chaps, open shirt with hairy chest and a Ginger syrup is a bad look.

Hth

MF
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Hth

MF
      like spod said, you are funny before you start on the stuff. It used to be eight oclock. ish
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        I was wondering if there are any professional modellers here, possibly a guru with a Sas background, who could answer this question for me.

If it is possible to make this judgement, what is the most difficult to model, the economy, or the global climate ?

Both are a piece of piss provided you input enough falsified data and hit the right fudge buttons.
        It is a bit like when you go on holiday to the Far East and buy Polo Shirts, and the local tailor asks you which designer badges you'd like him to sew on for you. That kind of a thing.

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It really depends on what answer you want and how much budget you have.

Comment

what is the most difficult to model, the economy, or the global climate ?

The one with the most human involvement.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

That's just how I picture a guru in the sas field, except you forgot the leather cap.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                That's just how I picture a guru in the sas field, except you forgot the leather cap.

gimp mask

Comment

I would have thought the economy, because negative & positive feedback happens so much more quickly and with an applied and evolving intelligence. As soon as you publish your model it will be used, which will invalidate it.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

modeling is easy the difficulty is getting accuracy.

Comment

Working...
                    X