• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's the fireworks party thread !!! Woo-hoo!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the fireworks party thread !!! Woo-hoo!

Come on, join in, it's great!

Wahoo, wahey! Cor! Gosh!

Whoosh! Boom, boom, boom!

Wa-ha-hey!

Bloody hell!

Here, bung these in the office microwave, then do a runner to the pub.

Damn. That was all I could afford.

Have you brought any?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

My local fireworks display has been cancelled again this year. Too many people were turning up and not paying the £5 or whatever it was entrance fee and £5 or whatever it was for a hotdog. Presumably they needed to charge these prices to hire the security guards and rent for the parkland ground from the council and to pay for the massive lights that they shone in freeloaders eyes who had a grandstand view of the display from outside the compound That didn't stop them hiring yet more people to come amongst us with cash buckets that they shook at us incessantly though.

Comment

One of the above pictures of bangers reminds of when I was a wee teenager. My school, in Folkestone, used to do a yearly "French" trip to Calais and we would take the opportunity to stock up on French baggers. 10s of times better that the weak UK variants. Thankfully our coach was never stopped by customs. French bangers in enclosed spaces!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        My local fireworks display has been cancelled again this year.
        Miserable sods.

Have a sparkler.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        the massive lights that they shone in freeloaders eyes who had a grandstand view of the display from outside the compound
        And here's a rude sparkler link for them. NSFW
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

seem to see as many fireworks at New Year these days as on bommie night

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The ones you can feel in your chest are best. Usually a second or two after you see the explosion.

Comment

Chunk of home-made black treacle toffee, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
                One of the above pictures of bangers reminds of when I was a wee teenager. My school, in Folkestone, used to do a yearly "French" trip to Calais and we would take the opportunity to stock up on French baggers. 10s of times better that the weak UK variants. Thankfully our coach was never stopped by customs. French bangers in enclosed spaces!
                I used to hide mine in the zip-away hood on my 80's ski jacket, the potential to blow my head off never occurred to me until now.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
                  Indeed. One of these in a glass milk bottle made a passable grenade. Alternatively one could be put in the open end of some cowhormn handle bars followed by a handfull of fine gravel and a grass plug to make a rudimentary blunderbuss. Don't start me on cow pat landmines.

Kids today have no idea how to make their own fun.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X