• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Silly Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly Question

Hi all. I am new to contracting and have been looking at jobserve. I see that they are nearly all agency placed adds and I am not sure how the rate is affected. For example if Agency X is advertising a position with a rate of £35 an hour, is that before or after they take their cut as the agency.

Many thanks

Mark

Pretty obvious really. Its what you get from them If they advertised how much they got then whne you got your money from them you would know how much they're ripping everyone off for
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

If you need to ask that, then the best advice I can possibly offer is to stay permie and do your research properly. Read all the "Helpful Advice" thread posts, read all the "New to contracting" guides (there's one on this site, and another on the PCG site). Make sure you understand all of it. If you don't you will be like a lamb to the slaughter. If the cowboy agents don't screw you, Hector will.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
      X