• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rolls-Royce shares

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolls-Royce shares

Anyone taken the plunge?

I had a quick look, but Stocks + Shares ISA doesn't allow individual share picking. What's another easy option for investing in FTSE 100 shares?

Originally posted by richy View Post
    Anyone taken the plunge?

I had a quick look, but Stocks + Shares ISA doesn't allow individual share picking. What's another easy option for investing in FTSE 100 shares?
    You can use your Share ISA allowance to pick individual stocks with a number of websites(see Barclays). You just manage it yourself.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Wait a bit until the other airlines find leaks in their planes as well. I can't believe it is only Quantas's entire fleet that is suffering it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Too late, should've bought RR a year or two back.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Wait a bit until the other airlines find leaks in their planes as well. I can't believe it is only Quantas's entire fleet that is suffering it.
          That's what RR's spin doctors are saying. The engines that Quantas ordered are a slightly different spec to those supplied to other customers.

They've had a bit of a run of bad PR over the past years. The 777 that belly flopped onto Heathrow was blamed entirely on RR. Fortunately there have been no fatalities, but once you lose confidence of the airlines, you're dead in the water.

Comment

Working...
          X