• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sad Permie slaves

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad Permie slaves

Freelancers happier than average worker - Telegraph

Britain's 1.4m freelancers are more likely to be happy in their life and work than the wider public, a survey shows, as the Prime Minister praises their contribution to the economy

Take that you permie slaves. Going to take 3 months off in the sun.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Freelancers happier than average worker - Telegraph

Britain's 1.4m freelancers are more likely to be happy in their life and work than the wider public, a survey shows, as the Prime Minister praises their contribution to the economy

Take that you permie slaves. Going to take 3 months off in the sun.
    Same as people in Prison for 3 months are happier than lifers.

Comment

I'm sceptical. I just think freelancers claim on surveys to be happier than they really are, because they've made the decision to go freelance and don't want to admit that they're still miserable. Whereas disgruntlement is what's expected of you if you're in a permanent job.

Comment

Originally posted by markmm View Post
        Same as people in Prison for 3 months are happier than lifers.
        Well said. Sometimes I think that most IT contractors are more sheeple than the permies. Give them a decent day rate and a little Ltd Co and they think they're rich and free.

You're still ******* peasants as far as I can see. (John Lennon).
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
          Well said. Sometimes I think that most IT contractors are more sheeple than the permies. Give them a decent day rate and a little Ltd Co and they think they're rich and free.

You're still ******* peasants as far as I can see. (John Lennon).
          If a decent day rate and an mspaint logo on a templated website make you(us) happy then so be it. It's no different to a permie getting told their appraisal was "much better than most others this year" and getting an extra tenner in their monthly wage.

I hardly think either constitute being rich and free.

Comment

Someone did point out that the standard of living of average earners is still far higher than royalty in the middle ages. They may have been in a castle, but their toilet was still hole, no central heating, no windows, no car, no stereo equipment, no computer, no dentists, no doctors, no washing machines, a bath once or twice a year, no flights, foreign holidays had be done on horseback.

Just imagine what it would be like to go and live in one of those drafty castles.

...brrr...,I might still be a ******* peasant but that's ok with me.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Someone did point out that the standard of living of average earners is still far higher than royalty in the middle ages. They may have been in a castle, but their toilet was still hole, no central heating, no windows, no car, no stereo equipment, no computer, no dentists, no doctors, no washing machines, a bath once or twice a year, no flights, foreign holidays had be done on horseback.

Just imagine what it would be like to go and live in one of those drafty castles.

...brrr...,I might still be a ******* peasant but that's ok with me.
              This apple looks nothing like this orange

Comment

Working...
              X