• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breastfeeding at Work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breastfeeding at Work

I don't quite get this. Breastfeeding at work assumes that the baby is at work with the mother, so where is the baby when it's not being fed? At the mother's desk? I've never seen kids in any of the places I've worked. Ever. Perhaps it's a public sector thing. Can't help thinking it would be an awful distraction. Not just the kids but the other adults coochy cooing over them all the time.

Comment

In days gone by in the public sector if a woman married she immediately left the civil service as it was deemed she was going to get sprogged up and hence was no more use to the service.

Halcyon days
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
        I don't quite get this. Breastfeeding at work assumes that the baby is at work with the mother, so where is the baby when it's not being fed? At the mother's desk? I've never seen kids in any of the places I've worked. Ever. Perhaps it's a public sector thing. Can't help thinking it would be an awful distraction. Not just the kids but the other adults coochy cooing over them all the time.
        I'm presuming from the talk of fridges that, in the absence of the proximity of the baby, mother will be provided with a private room with a tape of crying babies (a trigger for the release of prolactin) in which to express. Either that, or the child will be stored in the fridge until required. I believe hypothermic babies don't cry much.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          I'm presuming from the talk of fridges that, in the absence of the proximity of the baby, mother will be provided with a private room with a tape of crying babies (a trigger for the release of prolactin) in which to express. Either that, or the child will be stored in the fridge until required. I believe hypothermic babies don't cry much.
          You actually frighten me

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            You actually frighten me

HTH
            BOO!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              BOO!
              Pppfffffffffffffffffffffftttt. Oh no.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                Is this in reference to some news story, or just a random rant?

Don't some big companies have on-site crèche facilities?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I thought that when I read it, but as long as the room has windows that's the important thing.

Comment

Covering mat leave for 2 people on last contract, one came in for a KIT day (barf) with kid in tow (that isn't what KIT stands for)- er why ?
                    In site coffee bar, kid was bored and playing up, so without even a word she waps one out to administer 'bitty' while I am trying to clue her in about performance against target.
                    And no - she wasn't a 'stunner'...

Comment

Working...
                    X