• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ltd co FTSE index tracker or other investment fund

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ltd co FTSE index tracker or other investment fund

Hello everyone

Could anyone tell me if our Ltd company can open an index tracker in the business name? I couldn't find any banks offering this so far. Or a investment fund.

Don't want to take the money out of the business.

I saw moneyfacts.co.uk shows some Business deposit accounts, and business bonds with ok rates, just looking for something better!

Find & Compare The Best Business Accounts Online

The other good site I found for business interest rates was:

Best corporate bank savings accounts interest rates for business ltd limited plc public limited companies

Thanks. richy

Originally posted by richy View Post
    Hello everyone

Could anyone tell me if our Ltd company can open an index tracker in the business name? I couldn't find any banks offering this so far. Or a investment fund.

Don't want to take the money out of the business.

I saw moneyfacts.co.uk shows some Business deposit accounts, and business bonds with ok rates, just looking for something better!

Find & Compare The Best Business Accounts Online

The other good site I found for business interest rates was:

Best corporate bank savings accounts interest rates for business ltd limited plc public limited companies

Thanks. richy
    Yes it can. But it's not an expense, its just how you choose to be using retained cash. There is a risk of being classed as an investment company (but this is unlikely). There is a less favourable CGT regime. Pick your fund(s) and ask the managers how you invest. You should be able to open a corporate account through your banks stockbrokers (or pretty much any other broker). This will also give you access to, for example, index tracking ETFS is that is the sort of thing you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
    X