• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Every civilisation is three meals away from anarchy"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Every civilisation is three meals away from anarchy"

... or so the old saying goes.

Time to get 200 tins of beans from makro and get the shotgun loaded.

If I miss only one meal I can get very grumpy indeed.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

As a trained butcher I think it will be cat escalopes before we starve.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        As a trained butcher I think it will be cat escalopes before we starve.
        No need. If you live in the country then ducks, squirrels and wood pigeons taste far better. You can stalk deer and hare in the snow too; just follow the tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          No need. If you live in the country then ducks, squirrels and wood pigeons taste far better. You can stalk deer and hare in the snow too; just follow the tracks.
          I will apply for my shotgun certificate and move to the country.

Or I could just take a baseball bat to that boxer that wanted to take my leg off this morning when out running and serve it up on a platter.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I will apply for my shotgun certificate and move to the country.

Or I could just take a baseball bat to that boxer that wanted to take my leg off this morning when out running and serve it up on a platter.
            No sheep around? You can hit them over the head with a baseball bat too. Top tip; go for the smaller ones; they're hoggets, tastier than lamb but still tender. But then if you're a trained butcher, you know that.

Comment

Does the UK still have a civilisation?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

How does this work:
                * Replies: 4
                * Views: 0
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Sign on local shop yesterday....

No Bread...
                  No Milk...
                  No Post office...
                  No carrier bags...
                  No Lottery...

Civilisation has already collapsed.

Tone

Comment

There are signs on the signs on the A3 near the M25 that say "this sign is not in use"

What could be more civilised than that?
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X