• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good

Protests at Sir Philip Green's stores set to bring chaos to the high street over Christmas | Mail Online

Now 'tax-dodger' Topshop chief faces wave of protests in run up to Christmas from activists who claim he owes country billions

Good. I hate tax dodgers.

Yeah, and if he doesn't pay up, tell him to go and run his businesses elsewhere!

Comment

ATW will be along shortly to defend him as an entrepreneur who has created taxpaying jobs and wealth.

Remember - all tax dodgers are equal, but some are more equal than others
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Activist Bridget Chapman, 39, of Lambeth, south east London, said: 'If people like Philip Green paid their taxes we would not have to make public spending cuts.

Read more: Protests at Sir Philip Green's stores set to bring chaos to the high street over Christmas | Mail Online
        I wonder how true this statement is. Do you think that if people like Philip Green paid more tax we still wouldn't be in such a hole?

Arcadia Group declined to comment but Sir Philip has previously insisted his tax payments were not 'relevant' to his suitability to lead a government spending review.

'I employ 45,000 people and pay tens of millions of pounds of tax,' he said.
        'I employ 45,000 people and they pay tens of millions of pounds of tax,' he said.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Tax AVOIDERS...

Comment

Dear God..

I just looked at their facebook group and they're going down to 'show solidarity' at the Greek embassy by protesting against the Greek cuts...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Dear God..

I just looked at their facebook group and they're going down to 'show solidarity' at the Greek embassy by protesting against the Greek cuts...
              Indeed Jog On, some legal tax avoidance appears to be more equal than others.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Arcadia Group declined to comment but Sir Philip has previously insisted his tax payments were not 'relevant' to his suitability to lead a government spending review.

'I employ 45,000 people and pay tens of millions of pounds of tax,' he said.
                I've seen/read numerous interviews with Green and he always brings out this line.

I have yet to see/read of a single interviewer pull him up on this and say that we are referring to his personal tax affairs and not corporate.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  I've seen/read numerous interviews with Green and he always brings out this line.

I have yet to see/read of a single interviewer pull him up on this and say that we are referring to his personal tax affairs and not corporate.
                  I wonder if the IR would be ok with not paying any tax because I paid for goods and services in the UK which incurred hefty amounts of tax also.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I think without doubt that Phillip Green, UK domiciled or not is a better judge of how to spend money than any government.
                    We seem to be getting to a point where the prevailing mood is one of envy, which is very Scottish. It will not be long before like Scotland there will be no more entrepreneurs, just a freeloading workforce employed by the state. I am surprised that contractors of all people should be criticising phillip green.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X