• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government Snow Code

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government Snow Code

...don’t be put off clearing paths because you’re afraid someone will get injured.
    Clearing snow and ice from pavements yourself : Directgov - Newsroom
    So is safe to clear snow again? When they say "don't be put off", does that mean you can't be prosecuted and end up being bankrupted if someone accidentally slips and falls, or... don't be put off because we don't give a stuff what happens to you as long as we get through this cold period cheaply with your help and what this website says isn't legally binding nor will it exist by the time someone were to claim against you?

That Directgov website was linked to from Snow and ice 'should be cleared with the public's help'

In Germany there is some sort of law that you have to clear and grit the frontage of your property and you can be sued if you don't and someone subsequently hurts themselves.

Luckily as I live in a block that means the "hausmeister" is up early every morning driving the ride on mini snowplough around, and as the others all do the same the path to the tube station is usually clear by the time I go to work unless it's snowing particularly hard, and all without me lifting a finger.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Luckily as I live in a block that means the "hausmeister" is up early every morning driving the ride on mini snowplough around
      Hausmeister.

One of my neighbours cleared all the snow off the drive area that three houses share, as well as doing all the paving infront of my house and my bit of the drive. Which was nice. I'm just waiting for him to come out of his house so I can rush out to thank him, fake falling over and sue the bastard.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

How many of you are working in Germany? Is there a boom going on over there or something? And do you need German and SAP?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          How many of you are working in Germany? Is there a boom going on over there or something? And do you need German and SAP?
          Loads.

Yes.

No but it helps.

No.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Where in Germany are you?
            Should we have a CUK-DE Christmas do?
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
              Where in Germany are you?
              Should we have a CUK-DE Christmas do?
              I'm in Munich. We could do. Chef might come too.

Comment

Working...
              X