• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ltd co current accounts which pay interest and great online banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ltd co current accounts which pay interest and great online banking

Hi all

Currently our Ltd co do the business current account banking with A&L Commercial Bank (now being re-branded as Santander).

This is good, as they pay 1% interest as we always have a balance over 10,000.

Anyone recommend an alternative online Ltd co current account (instant access, and no charges) that also offer interest and have great internet banking experience?

What sucks is A&L the internet banking and statements.

They "bundle" transactions together if they occur on the same day. Makes it hard to work out if accidentally scheduling two.. or three on the same day. (Maybe I've missed some configuration option to fix this?) I've asked them 2 working days ago, no reply yet.

Also the statements only show references like "960 INTERCONNECT BACS 08DEC", they don't include my careful reference text I entered anywhere!

Final niggle.. they archive transactions from their system after 12 months, so can't look beyond Dec 2009 back in time now. Although there isn't much info to be had from their online banking system.. which also doesn't show my carefully entered references!
    Last edited by richy; 12 December 2010, 21:24. Reason: typo fix

I just opened up Santander's Business reward saver account which pays 1.70% gross monthly interest. Best I have come across.

Interest is paid monthly and you can withdraw money (interest in month of withdrawal is 0.2% less)

Anyway, my current HSBC account pays 0.1% interest. So this jump to 1.7% in savings acct is a lot lot better.

Comment

I raised the same issue with A&L over the grouping of payments on the same date. It's ridiculous! They told me a fix is in the pipeline but that was months ago now. I guess when we all get converted to Santander systems it will be different (for better or worse, who knows) anyway.

The downloadable PDF statements are a nice touch though.
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

A+L replied. If I use the "MultiBACS" option to make payments n the same day, they should show up individually.

What a botched system? They justify it being like this too. Although in IT I find myself having to justify some legacy system operation too.

Comment

The ex-Abbey Business website, now Santander is still a bit of a clunker but it generally works OK. The downloading of the bank statements into .pdf I've found to be best if you show the statement for the dates that you want, then "print" it to a pdf file. There's now a nag screen that keeps telling you to download some software (Trusteer) that I don't want though.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
          X