• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Everyone please put £200 in a tin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone please put £200 in a tin

Every household 'to pay extra £200' to plug local Government pension black hole - Telegraph

Every household in Britain will need to pay an extra £200 a year to plug the black hole in local Government pensions, figures have suggested.

There's good chaps. All in a good cause. Lazy arse jobsworth public sector parasites need their gold plated index linked pensions topped up. Toot toot!

The solution is very simple. Just introduce legislation that forces local government employees to work until age 90. Problem solved overnight.

Next!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      The solution is very simple. Just introduce legislation that forces local government employees to work. Problem solved overnight.

Next!!
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

My Mum gets a local government pension, although I'm not sure you could call it "gold plated".

So yes please everyone pay up!
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            One of my pensions will come out of this pot, so keep on paying won't you?

I'm beginning to get the impression that I'm in for a poverty stricken retirement.

Much like my poor old grandad, who never got a pension at all.
            Retirement? You'll be lucky. Work till you drop!

Comment

Replace public sector pensions with a ration book, free bus pass and money towards heating bills. That's it.

What more do you ******* need as an old coffin dodger?

Comment

Working...
              X