• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Turkey Recipe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Turkey Recipe

Possibly not a question for you but it may give you something to ask the cooking staff or for those less fortunate or less able to cook, a question for the other half:

Assuming you are cooking Turkey for xmas (other meats are available), then whose recipe are you following?

poll to follow
    Gordon's, i like my birds cooked like a #### ### ##
    12.50%
    Delia, traditional as fanny craddock is the way to go
    0.00%
    Jamie, gettin' me 'ands in with all that Sainburys stuff is pukka
    12.50%
    Nigella, turkey and chocolate is a must for me
    0.00%
    Previous experience only i.e voodoo chantings by the mother in law.
    50.00%
    Cook !! No thank you, we're off out to a friends / restaurant for the big day
    12.50%
    Turkey!! I plan to sit in with AnyW and stain the curtains / i.e another meat
    12.50%
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Turkey in our house is courtesy of Mr Marks & Mr Spencer - easy peasy bung in the oven
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Mrs PL's own time-proven method.

Bird (usually just a crown) gets marinaded overnight, then wacked in a roasting bag with as much butter and bacon as I can fit on it, a couple of onions & completed with a meat thermometer.

Foolproof and delicious.

Comment

Sorry, but I currently have no idea what Mr Fred. Olsen's chef will be providing for us on Xmas Day.

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Sorry, but I currently have no idea what Mr Fred. Olsen's chef will be providing for us on Xmas Day.

Albatross?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_u7VGiMO0U

Comment

Straight forward crown with bacon. No recipe needed

Comment

Straightforward roast bird with all the trimmings courtesy of Franklin of Thorncote.

Would prefer to have goose or 3 bird but as its at the outlaws, it's turkey.

I've made a cranberry and port chutney and will be making a leek and porcini stuffing on Friday to bring over. Collecting the turkey from the farm on xmas eve.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Straightforward roast bird with all the trimmings courtesy of Franklin of Thorncote.

Would prefer to have goose or 3 bird but as its at the outlaws, it's turkey.

I've made a cranberry and port chutney and will be making a leek and porcini stuffing on Friday to bring over. Collecting the turkey from the farm on xmas eve.
                Will it be ready seasoned? Like welsh lamb.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  Will it be ready seasoned? Like welsh lamb.
                  This particular farm hangs their meat to season it a tad, so it has a bit more flavour.

Usual seasoning of salt and pepper, some strips of bacon across the breast is all. I don't cook it, Mr N's mum does.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                  X