• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lunar Eclipse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunar Eclipse

Did you see it?

Around 10 of us gathered outside in the cold to see it - quite a strange, almost spiritual event for the company car park to have!

Was expecting it to glow redder, but still quite cool.

Too foggy here
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Did you see it?

Around 10 of us gathered outside in the cold to see it - quite a strange, almost spiritual event for the company car park to have!

Was expecting it to glow redder, but still quite cool.
      Didn't see this one. Cloudy here in Swindon.

However I was based in Germany during the 1999 total eclipse. That was amazing. From the top of the office building you could see the moon's shadow racing across the Schwabisher Alps towards us. The birds stopped chirping during the darkness and then we got the dawn chorus as it became light again. Now that was an eclipse, none of this namby-pamby red-moon sh!te.

Anyway, it looks like the eclipse has woken the dog up.

Comment

Too cloudy here. In the past, eclipses have been very disappointing, I don't see what all the fuss is about.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

What you missed (sort of):

Hmm. I'll ask for a tripod for my birthday. :
          Last edited by RichardCranium; 21 December 2010, 09:12. Reason: Made it smaller
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I was having a chat with some mancs in Hale this am, and mentioned the fact that we beat city 2:1 last night.
            Next thing there was a gang of about 20 of them chasing me up the hill. Luckily I remembered that Mancs are a pretty primitive, and superstitious as a breed, and that there was an eclipse of the moon today.

They were catching on me so I stopped, pointed at the moon and said in a clear, loud voice -

'Oh great sky lord BumDingo, show me now your displeasure at these non believers'
            I waved my arms about a bit and pointed at the moon, they stopped to look, then suddenly the moon went out - disappeared.

They howled in fear and anguish, dropped to their knees and entreated me

'Oh illustrious scouser, from the Bootle region, please give us back our moon. We are lost without her'

I couldnt help getting a bit theatrical

'Great BumDingo, show your anger, show these non-believers that they must donate their wealth to the great sky God'

The moon came back, but this time it was red. They howled,frothed and bit themselves as they handed over their wallets

'We believe!, we believe!'

I left them, kneeling in the snow.

serves them right, we should have won 3-0

Last edited by EternalOptimist; 21 December 2010, 09:24.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The moon was eclipsed by dense cloud here.

Comment

Working...
              X