• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ex-wife dissolved company without permission and took assets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex-wife dissolved company without permission and took assets

I'd appreciate some advice on my situation as I'm concerned that I may be open to hurt from the Authorities.

I helped my ex-wife by becoming the company secretary & director (she's the only other one) of her company set up for her diet business (franchise selling diet food packs, self-employed management role for company)..

I also helped her by lending her money to set up an office, buy stock and buy a car (paid for direct from my bank account, company name on V5 registration document). Since then:
    • We dissolved our friendship and she has been vexatious over this and other matters.
    • She has dissolved the company without my permission (I understand the majority of directors have to sign)
    • She has paid off her creditors (other than me!) and kept all the assets including the car.
    • She ignores all my requests for information including those for the accounts and dividends (I have a share and have received nothing).
    • I'm taking legal proceedings to recover the money involved (around £20,000) and other money I lent her (around £25,000).

The Companies House entry is
    Date of Incorporation: 08/10/2008
    Country of Origin: United Kingdom
    Company Type: Private Limited Company
    Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
    None Supplied
    Accounting Reference Date: 31/10
    Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
    Last

I'm more than happy to protect myself even if my ex-wife has to face the consequences of her actions - indeed, a formal hit on her integrity would be a big help for my legal action to recover my money.

Thanks for any help.

Seek professional help rather than ask for it on a forum is my advice in these circumstances.

I really think you need professional assistance here to cover yourself.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I agree with Bolshie - get some professional advice on this.

My general advice is that there are circumstances where you can get a company restored to the register in order to pursue it for debts. Companies House have some guidance here:

Guidance - strike off, dissolution and restoration (GP4)
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

We dissolved our friendship and she has been vexatious over this and other matters.
        Ain't that the truth brother..... show me one that isn't.

Comment

selling diet food packs
          You weren't married to Gillian McKeith, were you?

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Seek professional help rather than ask for it on a forum is my advice in these circumstances.

I really think you need professional assistance here to cover yourself.
            WBBS. Not sure we can offer any meaningful advice here.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              WBBS. Not sure we can offer any meaningful advice here.
              Don't mix business with your personal life and particularly not Ex-wives!!! Hows that??
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

you need professional legal advise ASAP. Be quick as if youre Ex was like mine managed to work out new system of siphoning of money to newly opened bank accounts just to mess up paper trails.

Comment

Thanks

All, thanks for your help and time.

I can now pay for legal advice with more confidence.

BTW hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Ian

Comment

Working...
                  X