• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corporation Tax Rate Change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corporation Tax Rate Change

MyCo financial year ended last sept, which means that I have abt nine months to finalise my accounts and pay the CT..The CT rate will be reduced to 20% from April 1, 2011 - Does this mean if I hold on paying the CT until April 2011, I can choose to pay the tax at the reduced rate, thus saving myco 1% on it's profits?

Originally posted by explorer View Post
    MyCo financial year ended last sept, which means that I have abt nine months to finalise my accounts and pay the CT..The CT rate will be reduced to 20% from April 1, 2011 - Does this mean if I hold on paying the CT until April 2011, I can choose to pay the tax at the reduced rate, thus saving myco 1% on it's profits?
    I think you'll find that CT is levied at the rate in force at your year end...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It'll be 21% of your adjusted profit for the year end September 2010. Next year end your adjusted profit will be subject to CT rate of 21% for 6 months and 20% for the other 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@InTouch View Post
        It'll be 21% of your adjusted profit for the year end September 2010. Next year end your adjusted profit will be subject to CT rate of 21% for 6 months and 20% for the other 6 months.
        So its pro rata'd yes? Even if you make all you profit in the final three months(Think christmas retailers here for a sec) its still pro ratad?

Comment

Yes, profits at end of company year are apportioned to the fiscal years starting april 1 purely by days, makes no difference when money was actually earned or when it is paid.

If you search HMRC site you should find examples and a calculator.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
          X