• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is anyone bothered by the current "terror threat level"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone bothered by the current "terror threat level"?

Interested to know if anyone living/working/passing through London is in the least bit peturbed by the "buzz" regarding the threat level, at its' second highest level, and has been for a year. Radio news this morning talked of "possible multilocation attacks" and of terrorists using "automatic weapons and grenades".

Do you limit your travelling?

Are you extra vigilant?

Or is it all a load of unsubstantiated guff designed to keep the public scared?

The vegetarian option.

Option 3 for me. There will always be the 'possibility' of an attack, like there will always be the possibility of being hit by a bus or getting mugged.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

option 3

IT'S ALWAYS OPTION 3!!!

Comment

Ask yourself, what was the threat level in New York when 2 planes were deliberately flown into the WTC killing 3,000 people?

THE DAILY MASH GUIDE TO UK THREAT LEVELS

'MANGO'
        All is well. Unlock your doors and lend your car to a neighbour. Sing.

'HEDGEHOG'
        Unsettling. What was that noise? Where were you born? Share my values at once young man.

'SPACEHOPPER'
        Terribly frightening. Death has your business card. Trust no-one and carry a bucket at all times.

'UNDERPANTS'
        Incredibly dangerous. You and everyone you know is now a terrorist. Go home and watch Grey's Anatomy.

'PHILIP SCHOFIELD'
        Oh Christ. The tulip's hit the fan. Your car is on fire. And so are your trousers.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
          option 3

IT'S ALWAYS OPTION 3!!!
          It's a State of Fear I tells ya. Interesting book by Michael Crichton that. Basically rubbishes the theory of global warming, makes up a character who is based on a journalist that was critical of Crichton and makes him a fat paedophile with a small penis, and talks about how, in the absence of religion, the government needs to ensure the public are in a state of fear (about global warming, terrorism, bird flu, etc). No dinosaurs though.

Comment

Just never go to London. Problem solved.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              I've got to use Eurostar soon, just my luck.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                That's my solution too sir.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I'm in the City every day, on the underground to/from work... and yes frankly it does bother me thinking that I'm in the most likely place to be shot down by some cracked up jihad warrior.

Comment

We have a "Terror Threat Level"? Is this like the bug-reporting system on my project which has categories from trivial - blocker, but the customers log all bugs as critical or blocker?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X