• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Potentially very boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potentially very boomed

Last year I indicated I wanted to wind things down in the current gig. End of March end date was set. This decision I made while being very ill, a bit depressed, having loads of personal issues etc etc.

Since getting back up to speed at the start of Jan I have regretted this decision, especially with the projects coming up, some really tasty stuff on the horizon.

Just had a chat with the big cheese and he broached the topic of replacing me and checked to see if I wanted to reconsider.

A very productive and honest chat, and potential extension for the rest of the year.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Nice one
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Potentially Nice one
      ftfy

potentially
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Good work!

Comment

I am potentially very happy for you fella.

Placeholder for now: Congrats

Comment

Well, least you get to keep your headphones Mr 100%.

What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

and I hope it becomes your reality
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

good job mate

Milan.

Comment

nice one Suity!!

Most times you won't get that kind of chance to change your mind.

Why did you give them so much advance notice of leaving though? Was end of March earlier than the end of your contract.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                    nice one Suity!!

Most times you won't get that kind of chance to change your mind.

Why did you give them so much advance notice of leaving though? Was end of March earlier than the end of your contract.
                    Had a couple of 6 month extensions. The next one was due in December. I asked if it could be only a 3 monther - to give them time to manoevre in a replacement.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X