• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fake Recruitment Calls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake Recruitment Calls

Hi All,

I am getting put off by frequent fake calls (as I think) from recruiters. They start some talks here and there for couple of min. After that they start asking questions like from where are you getting calls, where are you going for the interviews etc. It gives an impression that their sole purpose of the call is to take the lead from you. If you deny then then they find one or the excuse and try to disconnect the calls.

This wastes lot of time and pisses me off

How do I filter such calls?

Have you guys also faced similar situation OR am I the only poor guy?

Its not just you...

I generally give useless answers.
    E.g. The question: "where are you contracting now?"
    should be answered with: " A company in the south west"
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Never heard of this practice - sounds very odd to me?

Why would they be doing that?

I think you are the only one this happens to.

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by freemind76 View Post
        Hi All,

I am getting put off by frequent fake calls (as I think) from recruiters. They start some talks here and there for couple of min. After that they start asking questions like from where are you getting calls, where are you going for the interviews etc. It gives an impression that their sole purpose of the call is to take the lead from you. If you deny then then they find one or the excuse and try to disconnect the calls.

This wastes lot of time and pisses me off

How do I filter such calls?

Have you guys also faced similar situation OR am I the only poor guy?
        You should also give them two references
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Where have you interviewed in the last xxx months? I hate that one.

A certain agency has that on the end of nearly every email. They don't even try to hide it. I just don't bother with them.

Comment

Originally posted by freemind76 View Post
            Hi All,

They start some talks here and there for couple of min.
            I would advise you cut these people short with questions - Namely, is there a position on offer and is it contract or permanent. If happy with answer, what is the salary/rate, what is the location if you have a preference, what is the duration if contract, what is the sector and if possible, what is the client company name.

If they can't answer all of the questions except the client company name then I suggest that you politely ring off.

Comment

Just tell the agents that the details are commercially sensitive.

(You are a "real" business, after all...)

Comment

Working...
              X