• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Termination Update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Termination Update

Got a two month contract extension instead of a new one. I thought I was going to be working up a new MF record for contracts in one year, but never mind.

Very interesting letter went from myself and Mr Antell the CUK Contracts Solicitor a week or so or go to the agency who terminated me at the beginning of the year.

Because I had neglected to get my contract back on time(sent after I had been terminated), John has argued that infact a verbal contract was in place which did not mention termination clauses, and so as in fact asked for damages for the whole four month contract as opposed to the 10 day contract, unless the agency can prove 10 or refute all.

Interesting to see how this all pans out.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Good luck MF. Let's hope that it works out ok.

Comment

Sounds saucy...please keep us informed of the progress you make

I take it you are also asking not only for the cost of the contract as damages but also for your costs to be met by the dodgy bastards!

BTW, can you name and shame?

Regards

Mailman

Comment

Working...
      X