• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Talk Talk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk Talk

My previously satisfactory ISP has been taken over by Talk Talk and the service has gone way downhill imo. Spam filters no longer work, have made numerous calls to tech support but no joy. Consequently my inbox gets flooded with crap. They've also put a 2M limit on size of email attachments from webmail. This is a real problem as I rely on webmail while I'm away from home.

Don't know where to go as all roads seem to lead to Talk Talk or BT, both of which are, from my experience, dreadful.

Try VISPA, they are a smallish and definitely independant ISP. I have used them since I had 33kbps modem dial up service. Not the cheapest around but are very helpful.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Run, don't walk, away from the appalling mess that is Talk Talk.
      Not only is their "service" non existent, at least one person on here is actually being taken to court by them after terminating their contract, legally from what I can see.
      Talk Talk should actually be banned from business by OFCOM IMHO, they're that bad.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        Try VISPA, they are a smallish and definitely independant ISP. I have used them since I had 33kbps modem dial up service. Not the cheapest around but are very helpful.
        So were mine until they were taken over. That's the worry.

Comment

Do KUATB
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
            My previously satisfactory ISP has been taken over by Talk Talk and the service has gone way downhill imo. Spam filters no longer work, have made numerous calls to tech support but no joy. Consequently my inbox gets flooded with crap. They've also put a 2M limit on size of email attachments from webmail. This is a real problem as I rely on webmail while I'm away from home.

Don't know where to go as all roads seem to lead to Talk Talk or BT, both of which are, from my experience, dreadful.
            Why not switch to a totally web-based email solution such as Gmail or Hotmail? With Gmail you can access and "send as" all your existing email accounts (upto 5). And Gmail's spam filter is excellent.

That way, you only need the ISP to access the internet.

I'm surprised anyone uses their ISP email address these days anyway, TBH.

Comment

The other thing, if they ever send you a router don't use it. They only supply tulip routers like tulip D-Link ones

I put my own adsl modem/router on there and my got about a 30% increase in download speeds immediately
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Why not switch to a totally web-based email solution such as Gmail or Hotmail? With Gmail you can access and "send as" all your existing email accounts (upto 5). And Gmail's spam filter is excellent.

That way, you only need the ISP to access the internet.

I'm surprised anyone uses their ISP email address these days anyway, TBH.
                WHS - although I use a web hosting and email package
                For broadband I'm on Sky, it was a good deal when combined with the TV and phone and hasn't given me any problems in 2+ years
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                  The other thing, if they ever send you a router don't use it. They only supply tulip routers like tulip D-Link ones
                  I put my own adsl modem/router on there and my got about a 30% increase in download speeds immediately
                  Sasguru swears by them
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

And another thing, how come I can type Talk Talk without it getting it replaced with tulip ????
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                    X