• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent Varying Payment T&C's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent Varying Payment T&C's

I have been offered another extension to my contract, and no changes to the original wording of the contract.

However, one particular paragraph is now causing some concern. This paragrpah indicates, and to use legal jargon," for the avoidance of doubt," that the agent may vary the payment schedule without notice.

The payment schedule was 10 working days from invoice & timesheet receipt up until early January. They then changed the schedule to 7 days, and then changed it back to 10 days, all without notice.

So far this hasn't caused too many problems, however I am concerned that the agent may change the schedule to suit themselves, so much so that they may change the 10 days to 30days.

As its renewal time, I have requested they remove this section, which they have refused to do.

I am considering my position, and the contract has not yet been signed.

Comments and any suggested next steps?

Cheers

FJ

In other words, they pay you when they want to. Or, more worryingly, when they get the money from the ClientCo, if at all.......

Push back and tell them that payment terms are not to exceed X days or the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 will kick in. See Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002

Comment

Working...
    X