• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking News

Who has Sky News on? What is this I see about hostages and the police swooping on a farmhouse with £53 million robbers holed inside with hostages?
    Last edited by Chico; 28 February 2006, 16:02.
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

I'd 'swop' my farmhouse for £53million......
    Founder Member of the 'I love Janey' Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
      Who has Sky News on? What is this I see about hostages and the police swopping on a farmhouse with £53 million robbers holed inside with hostages?
      Are they Al-Qaida Chico?!

Comment

Other breaking news......

A dead cat has been diagnosed with H5N1 bird flu in Germany.......
        ........... do you think the birds will adopt a 'you don't wanna pounce on me Tiddles, i might be infected' campaign?
        Founder Member of the 'I love Janey' Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
          Who has Sky News on? What is this I see about hostages and the police swooping on a farmhouse with £53 million robbers holed inside with hostages?
          Slightly over the top there Chico.

No hostages mentioned.
          No robbers holed up inside mentioned.

From Skynews - http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...511153,00.html

"Police investigating the £53m security depot raid in Kent are searching farm buildings near Maidstone.
          Officers have sealed off the area in Staplehurst, as they hunt for clues to Britain's biggest robbery.
          Police have not confirmed whether a depot manager and his family, who were abducted by the robbers, had been held at the farm before the raid.
          Four men in custody are also being questioned.
          Authorities said they were benefiting from an "absolutely phenomenal" response to appeals for information and the investigation was moving at a "fast pace".
          Five new arrests were made following several armed raids carried out at the weekend.
          One of those arrested has been released on bail, but the other four are still being held.
          Announcing the new arrests, Kent Police assistant chief constable Adrian Leppard said he was still very confident those responsible for the raid would be caught.

Police scour the farmland area
          Armed officers reportedly shot out the wheels of a car and arrested two men on a seafront road near Whitstable on the north Kent coast.
          Search teams have also visited a property in Southborough, near Tunbridge Wells.
          Forensic teams are working on sites across Kent.
          Police investigating the case are focusing on a group of martial arts fanatics, Sky News has learnt.
          Detectives believe that with the investigation is moving at such a fast pace, the robbers are making mistakes.
          Cash totalling £1.3m was found in a white Transit van in an Ashford car park on Friday.
          Forensic tests are being carried out on the guns, balaclavas and flak jackets also found in the back of the van.
          Police have also recovered a fork-lift truck.
          The new arrests bring the total number made in connection with the inquiry to 11.
          Police are continuing to ask the public for information, and have received more than 1,300 calls to two hotline numbers: 01622 652 361 or 01622 652 366."

Comment

Breaking News indeed

G8 I was referring to what I saw on TV not the website and note the website story was put on at 15.33 while the item on tV was at 15.50 hence my post at15.58.... so there
            Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Sputnik
              Other breaking news......

A dead cat has been diagnosed with H5N1 bird flu in Germany.......
              ........... do you think the birds will adopt a 'you don't wanna pounce on me Tiddles, i might be infected' campaign?
              He's probably not intersted in his usual bowl of AAAAAAAChhoooooosy.

Comment

I don't understand why the public are helping the police out with recovering the equivalent of 2.08% of Philip Greens £1.2bn tax free salary.

With the death of education and opportunity criminality is the only way one can better oneself.

Snitches.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY
                  I don't understand why the public are helping the police out with recovering the equivalent of 2.08% of Philip Greens £1.2bn tax free salary.

With the death of education and opportunity criminality is the only way one can better oneself.

Snitches.
                  I dont think you will find that Philip Green had much of an education
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Too fu*kin right mate. What we need are loadz more cocknee barrah boyz in the old rec cuntsultantzy game. Loads-a-fu*kin-money yer wankas. All togever nah

Snooker loopy nuts are we
                    Me and him and them and me
                    We'll show you what we can do
                    With a load of balls and a snooker cue

Pot the reds then, skrew back
                    For the yellow green brown blue pink and black
                    Snooker loopy nuts are we
                    We're all snooker loopy

Comment

Working...
                    X