• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC - House prices will fall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC - House prices will fall

BBC News - House prices will fall in 2011, says CEBR

Weaker household earning power will lead to a 1.7% fall in UK house prices in 2011, a research group predicts.

Higher inflation and weaker employment prospects will lead to a fragile economic recovery, the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) said.

This would push down house prices in 2011, followed by a slow-paced recovery in subsequent years, it said.

1.7% fall.

This is after about 15 years of 10% rises. p.a.

Shall I hide under the bed again?

I'm surprised if it that low. Especially if interest rates go up.

So far I have held off buying, and still plan to continue to do so for another year or so...I don't think the time is yet ready for me to jump in.

Comment

Working...
    X