• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap protein drink?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap protein drink?

Noooo, not that sort.

I like to do a Body Pump class a couple of times a week to couteract the spin classes I usually do, wanting to get more of a balanced physique.

With this in mind I am currently taking a maximuscle milk protein drink after each body pump, but at around £3 for 50gm of protein I am asking if it is really worthwhile.

Short of mincing a chicken to drink, or having an egg, are there any other liquid protein ideas? Don't fancy the idea of trying out some dubious powder from cheap protein powders dot com.......

That should soon get me feeling more at home in the beefcakes corner than with the nansy pamsie body pumpers with their lovely curvaceous bums and lovely bits......

HAB can supply you with a limitless and free protein drink.

Comment

Why do you want a protein drink? Why not a mix of carb and protein. 3 to 1.

Any weider product would be cheaper. Mix it before you go.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Go down to Brighton, I'm sure someone would sort you out with a protein drink
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          Go down to Brighton, I'm sure someone would sort you out with a protein drink
          Er, yes, quite. I did say not that sort though!!

Comment

I used to be in to all this bodybuilding malarky about 10 years ago...I was 18 stone at my peak, so I gained a fair bit of knowledge on supplements and other dubious "horse derived" liquids and tablets

I think if you buy any good quality supplements (BSN were my favourite) they are much better value than buying these pre-packaged drinks. Like MF says, just pop some in a shaker before you go and fill it up with water when you've finished.

All I've got to show for it now is a receding hairline and ****ed knees though

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
              I used to be in to all this bodybuilding malarky about 10 years ago...I was 18 stone at my peak, so I gained a fair bit of knowledge on supplements and other dubious "horse derived" liquids and tablets

I think if you buy any good quality supplements (BSN were my favourite) they are much better value than buying these pre-packaged drinks. Like MF says, just pop some in a shaker before you go and fill it up with water when you've finished.

All I've got to show for it now is a receding hairline and ****ed knees though
              I'm left with 18 stone :-(
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sci-MX - Creatine | Protein Supplements | Whey Protein Shakes | Fat Burner | Weight Loss Pills | Sports Nutrition

not to expensive and good explanation of what your actually taking

Comment

A couple of lads I train with use creatine - they dont seem to be able to do anything different or special compared to those that dont take it

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    A couple of lads I train with use creatine - they dont seem to be able to do anything different or special compared to those that dont take it
                    Creatine makes me 'wee from my bottom' quite bad, so maybe your mates can do something you can't after taking it, just don't want to admit it

Comment

Working...
                    X