• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold digger test. Fair or unfair?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold digger test. Fair or unfair?

Know this guy (multi-millionaire) getting divorced. Newish girlfriend (15 years younger) currently he is spending a lot of money on her. Has told her he is taking her on holiday to the Seychelles in a couple of weeks, she is very excited. Last night he showed me the beach hut he booked for them, it is a complete dump. Looks like it had not been renovated since the 1980’s, rusty fridge etc. When I asked him why he had booked it, he said “if she really loved me it does not matter what the place looks like”

So do you think it’s fair to spring a test like this on someone so far away from home?

I also think there is a bit of built in punishment if she fails the test, i.e. he has the money to bugger off to a 5* hotel on another island or go home, if it does not work out. She will be left in a dump in the Seychelles for the rest of the holiday.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    So do you think it’s fair to spring a test like this on someone so far away from home?
    No. Bloody filthy trick. I can´t see how he´s going to explain it to her without pissing her off.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

A better test would have been to "confess" to her on that dump beach that he ain't rich at all and it was just his fantasy, but he really really loves her and wants her to marry him.

Comment

Unfair, I think. If he wants to test her he should take her on a cheapo (but civilised) package to Spain.

Sounds like he's trying to get rid of her.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

So he is going to tell his new girlfriend that he does not trust her, and in so doing, spoil that relationship before it has begun.

I wonder why he is getting divorced.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            Know this guy (multi-millionaire) getting divorced. Newish girlfriend (15 years younger) currently he is spending a lot of money on her. Has told her he is taking her on holiday to the Seychelles in a couple of weeks, she is very excited. Last night he showed me the beach hut he booked for them, it is a complete dump. Looks like it had not been renovated since the 1980’s, rusty fridge etc. When I asked him why he had booked it, he said “if she really loved me it does not matter what the place looks like”

I also think there is a bit of built in punishment if she fails the test, i.e. he has the money to bugger off to a 5* hotel on another island or go home, if it does not work out. She will be left in a dump in the Seychelles for the rest of the holiday.
            No - what a cock. If he can't figure out in this country if she is a gold digger then he is a numpty.

After the flight there and lack of sleep, she may see the "hut" and burst into tears. Simply due to lack of sleep and needing a shower and everything else that goes with long haul flights - not cos she is a gold digger.

Have you told him, he is an arse?
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              A better test would have been to "confess" to her on that dump beach that he ain't rich at all and it was just his fantasy, but he really really loves her and wants her to marry him.
              She already knows how rich he is, fab. apartment, cars, own company etc. His mother lives in a castle FFS, it's hard to hide.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                So he is going to tell his new girlfriend that he does not trust her, and in so doing, spoil that relationship before it has begun.
                Indeed, that is a very wrong approach. He should have arranged for his lawyers to talk to her lawyers before hand and sign appropriate agreements.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  No - what a cock. If he can't figure out in this country if she is a gold digger then he is a numpty.

After the flight there and lack of sleep, she may see the "hut" and burst into tears. Simply due to lack of sleep and needing a shower and everything else that goes with long haul flights - not cos she is a gold digger.

Have you told him, he is an arse?
                  WCMS

Had it been a utilitarian place but clean with hot water and a reasonable bed it might have been different (cos that's Mr C down to a tee, even if he did have shedloads of money, that's how he'd keep it shedloads )
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

So she falls for a bloke who's 15 years older and rich. He falls for a bird who's 15 years younger and probably quite fit and has firm tits, a cute arse and a tighter you-know-what than his current wife.

So bloody what if she's a golddigger? What does he want from this deal?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X