PDA

View Full Version : Anyone worked at BBC?

badger7579
16th February 2011, 15:02
Got an interview for Siemens working for BBC in White City site.

Anyone worked there? Good/bad place to work?

MarillionFan
16th February 2011, 15:09

Yes. All of the above. W@nkers.

Only ever terminated contract. Sited, 'using the phone', 'talking to colleagues','not booking a day off properly'

As I said. W@nkers.

GreenLabel
16th February 2011, 15:18

I've heard that it can be a difficult place to get into due to the rampant cronyism. Unless you know someone, it's an uphill slog.

TestMangler
16th February 2011, 15:20
Sited,

Enough said. They were right to bin you :rollin:

RichardCranium
16th February 2011, 15:21
My experience of working there is so last millennium that it is no longer valid. Especially since I was across the road in Woodlands. And permie.

However, I suggest you do the opposite of whatever this advice was:

This message is hidden because MarillionFan is on your ignore list.

Also, do not expect to be able to park anywhere near there, and do NOT EVER use the pedestrian underpasses at the Wood Lane / A40 flyover junction.

Jog On
16th February 2011, 15:23
I've heard the (permie) money is aweful. I don't think I could work in such an environent. Advertising/PR agencies were luvvy/cliquey/Oh so superior enough - I think the BBC probably is off the scale in this respect..

I'll take IB permies any day over BBC types - at least the invoice makes up for the Tony the Tiger routines..

realityhack
16th February 2011, 15:27
If it were just the Beeb I'd say approach with caution. Depending on the department there's a lot of politicos and primas - and workshy eejits - about. As it's Siemens, do not touch with the Holy Barge Pole Of All Lords.

Forsooth.

MarillionFan
16th February 2011, 15:27
Ignore Richard he's a doley posting on a contractor board. His linkedin profile is hilarious.

Don't expect any autonomy with Siemens at the BBC. The processes are slow and unweidly and frankly they dont want 'get on with it' type people. I found Siemens was milking it and they will just drop you as quick as they can drop a hat.

I found the team disjointed and the BBC staff terrible. Awful politics and the worse waste culture of any public service.

AtW
16th February 2011, 15:50
Only ever terminated contract. Sited, 'using the phone', 'talking to colleagues','not booking a day off properly'

:spel

punching manager in the face, pissing on visitors shoes

badger7579
16th February 2011, 16:05
Sounds peachy... Can't wait if an offer comes through :eyes

MarillionFan
16th February 2011, 16:15
:spel

punching manager in the face, pissing on visitors shoes

The guys name is very firmly in my black book. Rest assured if I ever come across the spineless prick again I will be punching him repeatedly very hard in the face

(I can hold grudges for years)

AtW
16th February 2011, 16:20
The guys name is very firmly in my black book. Rest assured if I ever come across the spineless prick again I will be punching him repeatedly very hard in the face

(I can hold grudges for years)

That's all good, but why give me negative rep for posting my witty comment in this thread? :eyes

MarillionFan
16th February 2011, 16:25
That's all good, but why give me negative rep for posting my witty comment in this thread? :eyes

I didn't. Check it now. We have a funny fooker! How many points was it, we can narrow it down. 1 point for each 1000 posts approx if you're a 2005. If youre a johnny come lately it will be 1 or 2 points less.

It's bound to be RC again. He's been doing it for days.

AtW
16th February 2011, 16:38
I didn't. Check it now. We have a funny fooker! How many points was it, we can narrow it down. 1 point for each 1000 posts approx if you're a 2005. If youre a johnny come lately it will be 1 or 2 points less.

It's bound to be RC again. He's been doing it for days.

I just got like 60 rep points from you or something, are you a secret admin or something? :eek:

It sure would explain why you don't get banned... :rolleyes:

:hug:

MarillionFan
16th February 2011, 16:40
I just got like 60 rep points from you or something, are you a secret admin or something? :eek:

It sure would explain why you don't get banned... :rolleyes:

:hug:

I do pack a mighty rep, 'tis true. :wink

alreadypacked
16th February 2011, 16:50

Had a phone interview with BBC, sounded like a 'Death March' project, they were in development, but some critical technical issues were yet to be resolved. Project was 4 years old FFS. Thanks, but no thanks.

Unless you are about to be repossed, I would not even think about. :suicide:

MarillionFan
16th February 2011, 16:55
Had a phone interview with BBC, sounded like a 'Death March' project, they were in development, but some critical technical issues were yet to be resolved. Project was 4 years old FFS. Thanks, but no thanks.

Unless you are about to be repossed, I would not even think about. :suicide:

Siemens have been attempting to replace an existing programming solution. It would not surprise if it's the same one. I wouldn't touch it with Flappys'.

RichardCranium
16th February 2011, 16:58
It sure would explain why you don't get banned... :rolleyes:Thanks for quoting MF, AtW.

MF, you are such a talentless, unimaginative :winker: Is lies the best you can manage? No wonder Auntie Beeb threw you out. Too wet and whingy, were you? Or is the truth that you flounced from all the political backstabbers there? Too tough for you, was it? Did you spend all day with your back to the wall, crying?

Bless. Skidders sacked by the Beeb. Even I could hold down a job there.

What a luser you are. Here, have a childish reaction you'll understand:

http://www.chutneyspoon.co.uk/images/laffinatya.gif

MarillionFan
16th February 2011, 17:09
Yawn

http://profy.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/images/cyndy/code4food.gif

Get a job you bum.:eyes

Freamon
16th February 2011, 20:24
Is it this?

BBC appointed Siemens (http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/public-sector/3259026/bbc-appointed-siemens-without-competition-on-troubled-desktop-programme/)

I have heard bad things about Siemens at the BBC (not specifically the above, but other projects).