• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noisy contractors in canteens

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noisy contractors in canteens

Should be banned.

Had a lovely lunch of gruyere and bacon stuffed loin of pork with Normandy sauce, asparagus tips, with cracked potatoes. Food of the gods at a very reasonable £1.50 for us permies. You should hear the contractors whine about having to get the value sandwiches or soup on the contractor rates!

Can anyone beat that for a canteen lunch?

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Should be banned.

Had a lovely lunch of gruyere and bacon stuffed loin of pork with Normandy sauce, asparagus tips, with cracked potatoes. Food of the gods at a very reasonable £1.50 for us permies. You should hear the contractors whine about having to get the value sandwiches or soup on the contractor rates!

Can anyone beat that for a canteen lunch?
    Have you tried the seafood calamari?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I say Wilms, pass the Montrachet over here would you! Chop chop!
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

What's This? Dead Soldier already?

Run along and fetch another bottle Wilms, there's a good fellow. And be quick about it
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          What's This? Dead Soldier already?

Run along and fetch another bottle Wilms, there's a good fellow. And be quick about it
          I say Hooters, this burgundy's obviously a cheapo chateau permieaux; shall we order a Vosne Romanée?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I can beat that. Here at clientco contractors are held in high regard.

At lunchtime the perms turn up at contractors desks with a throne on a plinth, a perm on each corner and a bugler to lead the way. We are carried to the restaurant to the sound of music and we are announced to all insundry when we arrive.

Once seated a small midget waiter brings you your food. A five course affair. A rather skinny man will then check your food for poison by taking a try of each course, spitting the contents into a gold bucket. A sixteen year old naked virgin from the South Sea Islands then feeds you by placing your food on a silver spoon. On completion you are then carried back to your desk where a Thai lady provides a soothing head massage.

Today we had Swan and all for a £1
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Once seated a small midget waiter brings you your food.
              I prefer those small midgets.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                I prefer those small midgets.
                Nooooo, not word redundancy again.

I can hardly espress my joy.

See what I did there

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Nooooo, not word redundancy again.

I can hardly espress my joy.

See what I did there
                  Chill out PL, it's nearly three o'clock PM in the afternoon.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Chill out PL, it's nearly three o'clock PM in the afternoon.
                    15:00 PM already.

Where does the day go

Comment

Working...
                    X