• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT Business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Business

My phone line goes down periodically & BT are friggin useless when it comes to coming out to fix it. Normally takes 1 week, sometimes up to 2/3 weeks which is completely unacceptable if I want to work from home.

At the moment I just have the normal residential account - just wondering if they guarantee to fix you up within a certain timescale if you are on a business tariff & if so, are they true to their word? Any experiences?

Looked on their website can't find anything.

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    My phone line goes down periodically & BT are friggin useless when it comes to coming out to fix it. Normally takes 1 week, sometimes up to 2/3 weeks which is completely unacceptable if I want to work from home.

At the moment I just have the normal residential account - just wondering if they guarantee to fix you up within a certain timescale if you are on a business tariff & if so, are they true to their word? Any experiences?

Looked on their website can't find anything.
    That will be a NO then.

BT are fixated on the Olympics at the moment.

HTH
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Well, if their business broadband offering is anything to go by, then no. I've had three outages in the last 6 months, each lasting for 2 to 3 days (or longer over the weekend). Support is utterly useless and their "automated" fault monitoring tool that emails you with updates is laughable.

No apologies from BT, and no compensation for any of the outages.

Comment

Originally posted by adestor View Post
        Well, if their business broadband offering is anything to go by, then no. I've had three outages in the last 6 months, each lasting for 2 to 3 days (or longer over the weekend). Support is utterly useless and their "automated" fault monitoring tool that emails you with updates is laughable.

No apologies from BT, and no compensation for any of the outages.
        From what I recall, going back 15 or 20 years or so any fault would be fixed the same day without fail.

I find it hard to believe that there isn't some kind of SLA for businesses that depend on having a working phone.

Their compensation at £1 / day is laughable too. Costs me 3 times that in petrol to get to the next nearest place where I can get online.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
          From what I recall, going back 15 or 20 years or so any fault would be fixed the same day without fail.

I find it hard to believe that there isn't some kind of SLA for businesses that depend on having a working phone.

Their compensation at £1 / day is laughable too. Costs me 3 times that in petrol to get to the next nearest place where I can get online.
          Virgin Media Business (cable) promise 24 hours.

To be honest in the 4 or so years I've been with them I've only had 2 outrages and they were fixed quicker than that. The main reason is that when my broadband was down with them so was everyone else in the larger area.

Oh and they answered my calls in 5 rings and phoned me back on my mobile!!
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X