• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Veteran tough guy movies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veteran tough guy movies

I've noticed an increase in these. Over the weekend I watched Red

RED is an explosive action-comedy starring Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich and Helen Mirren. Frank (Bruce Willis), Joe (Morgan Freeman), Marvin (John Malkovich) and Victoria (Helen Mirren) used to be the CIA's top agents - but the secrets they know just made them the Agency's top targets. Now framed for assassination, they must use all of their collective cunning, experience and teamwork to stay one step ahead of their deadly pursuers and stay alive.
    It was a good film. The expendables however was bad. Even if you looked at it as a bit of cheesey screen play with the hasbeens taking the mickey out of themselves, it was still bad.

Then the resurgence of the A-Team at the end of last year. I hope and pray no bright spark decides to bring back StreetHawk. Airwolf is ok though.

So to my point. Where are the new tough guys and action series? Jack Bower, perleaaase. Jatham Statham, er, yer right.

I think the movie industry is trying to tell us something, there is a now a middle age (and above) demographic of viewers that just don't take Vin Diesel seriously and they are trying to fill the gap.

They don't make em like they used to, but they could if they tried. Perhaps a niche for those on the bench to cross train to become a hollywood action hero.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

How's your three urgent projects at 100% resource allocation going?

Or are you up to four of those now?

Comment

Do you like movies about gladiators?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        How's your three urgent projects at 100% resource allocation going?

Or are you up to four of those now?
        I have to find something to do while bored titless in pointless conference calls. I swear if they stopped organising these chuffing pointless meetings I would be ok with the workload.

Comment

RED was a terrible film, completely lacked any originality and the plot was more predictable than a 1 sided die.

As for The Expendables, the first 20 or so minutes are really dire. I have no idea about the rest
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            I have to find something to do while bored titless in pointless conference calls. I swear if they stopped organising these chuffing pointless meetings I would be ok with the workload.
            you could do your work whilst on the conference call
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              you could do your work whilst on the conference call
              Not so. The laptop provided is slower than Sasguru. Just having web ex open kills performance.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Not so. The laptop provided is slower than Sasguru. Just having web ex open kills performance.

HTH
                The best laptops are always given to the top performers.

HTH
                You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
                  The best laptops are always given to the top performers.

HTH
                  Funny 'cause it's true

Developers where I am are on scale; starting from Desktop - crappy laptop - average laptop - top end quadcore laptop
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Funny 'cause it's true

Developers where I am are on scale; starting from Desktop - crappy laptop - average laptop - top end quadcore laptop
                    I am not a developer, but do, please feel free to keep digging.

Comment

Working...
                    X