• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead people

Item on the SE news recently about dead people, there's a big shortage of cemetary space in London.

Clearly dead people are almost as much of a nuisance as old people. Any suggestions what we should do with them?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Item on the SE news recently about dead people, there's a big shortage of cemetary space in London.

Clearly dead people are almost as much of a nuisance as old people. Any suggestions what we should do with them?
    I remember seeing a documentary years ago about a London firm who cleared old graveyards to make way for development. Seems they'll not be getting much business any more.

On a surreal note they were explaining how even coffins over a hundred years old still contained ichor that had to be carefully handled. So they opened a coffin and found a perfectly preserved body of a young woman dead for about 150 years, looked like she was sleeping
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Last weekend I was watching an episode of that Rory McGrath programme (I forget the name) about London's grave robbers who'd dig up corpses sometimes only hours after they'd been buried to sell to budding young doctors to practice on. Just legalise that again, and problem solved. Graves can be reused several times over.

Though one problem was that the grave robbers soon progressed onto creating their own supply and murdering people.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I see a Plan B here.

What can you do with dead people?

Lampshades
        Ashtrays
        Human Hair pillows
        Candles?

Oh the list must be endless. I wonder if anyone has thought of this before?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The problem isn't with dead people per se... it's with dead people that won't do the decent thing and insist on being a pain in the ass and insist on being buried taking up valuable space. How rude!!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            I remember seeing a documentary years ago about a London firm who cleared old graveyards to make way for development. Seems they'll not be getting much business any more.

On a surreal note they were explaining how even coffins over a hundred years old still contained ichor that had to be carefully handled. So they opened a coffin and found a perfectly preserved body of a young woman dead for about 150 years, looked like she was sleeping
            What did they do with her?

BTW, top marks for "ichor". Not a word you hear much these days.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Step 1) Voodoo

Step 2) Start your own agency. Create your own zombie army and then use them to apply for graduate positions, as noone will notice the difference

Step 3) Profit
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

What's the problem? Cemetery space is just like living space: if demand is high, the price will rise. Of course this may make it difficult for first-time diers.
                Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                  What did they do with her?
                  Reburied in another cemetary after taking some pics.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

What can you do with dead people?
                    Use them to heat swimming pools linky
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                    X