PDA

View Full Version : Tipping

rightfluff
28th February 2011, 10:19
Went to strada (tower bridge) with some mates fri. evening. Didn't book so was told we had to wait around 20-30mins. Not too bad so went to the bar. Only 2 people in front of me ordering 2 drinks each. 15mins later I was still waiting. I ordered 3 large glasses of wine. Took him 5 mins to do that. When the bill arrived 2 mins later as he didn't know how the till worked it came to £19 odd pounds. I gave him a £20 note. He went to the till and didn't come back with any change. He started serving the next person. I asked him where my change was. He showed me the receipt. I said it's £19.20. He said look below that. There's a 10% service charge. Its actually over £20. I told him that I'm not paying 10% service charge for drinks while I'm waiting for a table and it had taken him 20mins to get me a drink. For some reason he then lost the ability to understand English. Eventually got my change.

What a blimming cheek. Just assumed everyone was going to pay him a tip. I don't see why I should pay a tip for a bar man and especially someone who can't do his job properly. When I go to the pub they don't ask for tips.

Why do restaurants put a '10% discretionary service charge' on the bill.

A colleague next to me said they're probably only on min. wage and they've got to make their living some how. Sorry but that's not my problem. I prefer to give money to people who really need it through charities not people on min. wage.

It doesn't happen anywhere else. If I want to leave 10% I will. If I go to a shop and they provide a very good service I don't leave a 10% tip. I will ask for the store manager afterwards and tell him what great service I got.

Am I wrong here?

TykeMerc
28th February 2011, 10:25
Nope, you're not wrong.

I'm happy to tip if I get good service, but I decide how much and if I tip at all. I flat out won't pay a "service charge" and I'm not even sure if it's legal to put one on a bill in the UK these days.

amcdonald
28th February 2011, 10:26
It's like Reservoir Dogs all over again :spank:

rightfluff
28th February 2011, 10:42
Nope, you're not wrong.

I'm happy to tip if I get good service, but I decide how much and if I tip at all. I flat out won't pay a "service charge" and I'm not even sure if it's legal to put one on a bill in the UK these days.

what about the chef?
If the foods good and the service is crap can I go to the kitchen and give him a tip?
If the service is good then go and tell the manger. Why should I give them a tip anyway.
That's your job. I expect you to be nice and prompt.

Our bill came to just over £100. So the service charge was around £10. for what? Writing down what drinks and food I want and carrying stuff around. Does that require 3 years at university? I'm sorry but that job deserves to be min. wage.

The total time she spent taking our order, bringing it to us and clearing up was probably a total of 5mins. If that. Does that deserve a tenner? Add that all up amoungst all the other tables. f*&^ me that's alot.

Lots of other people out there on min. wage or even work for free that work harder.

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 10:46
what about the chef?
If the foods good and the service is crap can I go to the kitchen and give him a tip?
If the service is good then go and tell the manger. Why should I give them a tip anyway.
That's your job. I expect you to be nice and prompt.

Our bill came to just over £100. So the service charge was around £10. for what? Writing down what drinks and food I want and carrying stuff around. Does that require 3 years at university? I'm sorry but that job deserves to be min. wage.

The total time she spent taking our order, bringing it to us and clearing up was probably a total of 5mins. If that. Does that deserve a tenner? Add that all up amoungst all the other tables. f*&^ me that's alot.

You tight ass. As a contractor you should have tipped a £100.

I've just spent a minute of my time reading this rant.

On that basis, rounding up to the nearest three figures you now owe me £100 for my time. Please PM me your bank details immediately.

thunderlizard
28th February 2011, 10:58
It's not La Strada. It's Strada. If you're the kind of pretentious person who puts an unwanted "La" on the front of a perfectly British pizza chain restaurant, you deserve to get cheated blind by the staff. Signor.

rightfluff
28th February 2011, 11:01
You tight ass. As a contractor you should have tipped a £100.

I've just spent a minute of my time reading this rant.

On that basis, rounding up to the nearest three figures you now owe me £100 for my time. Please PM me your bank details immediately.

'tight ass' - ready. here we go.
I've done a few 10k runs, triathlons, movember etc. for charity. always sponsor myself, friends and colleagues generously. Have a monthly direct debit going to GOSH charity as well.
It's not about being tight it's the principal here.
Give your £100 tip to GOSH instead of a healthy european youngster earning a wage for doing something that requires basic skills.

rightfluff
28th February 2011, 11:02
It's not La Strada. It's Strada. If you're the kind of pretentious person who puts an unwanted "La" on the front of a perfectly British pizza chain restaurant, you deserve to get cheated blind by the staff. Signor.

you're funny. I thought it was 'la strada'. I'm half italian. Simple mistake. I stand corrected. OP changed. I'm glad that was your only opinion on the matter.

Pondlife
28th February 2011, 11:06
It strikes me that you've let a nice evening out with friends get ruined over 80 pence.

I agree that if the bill said £19.20 then that is what's owed. If there was a service charge (discretionary or otherwise) it should be as a clear separate line but included in the total at the bottom. Whether you choose to argue it with the manager is your choice.

You might get annoyed by the presumption of the barman but personally I would have been back enjoying the drinks with friends rather than waiting for the 80p.

As for the extra £3.33 per person, if it says "service charge will be added" then it's part of the agreed bill. If it says discretionary, it's your choice but IMHO it's part of the cost of a night out.

Getting worked up over whether £3.33 per person is a reasonable cost for having someone set your place, take your order, bring your food, clear your dishes and bring your bill is no way to enjoy time out with friends.

If you're not happy with the service and food from an establishment, don't go there again. If it really was a disaster, talk to the manager.

Don't fret the little things and enjoy the company you're with.

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 11:07
I've done a few 10k runs, triathlons, movember etc. for charity. always sponsor myself, friends and colleagues generously. Have a monthly direct debit going to GOSH charity as well.
It's not about being tight it's the principal here.
Give your £100 tip to GOSH instead of a healthy european youngster earning a wage for doing something that requires basic skills.

A real contractor doesn't talk about their work for 'charity'.

If £100 is a lot of money to you to tip a minimum wage waiter then you're in the wrong game.

rightfluff
28th February 2011, 11:18
It strikes me that you've let a nice evening out with friends get ruined over 80 pence.

I agree that if the bill said £19.20 then that is what's owed. If there was a service charge (discretionary or otherwise) it should be as a clear separate line but included in the total at the bottom. Whether you choose to argue it with the manager is your choice.

You might get annoyed by the presumption of the barman but personally I would have been back enjoying the drinks with friends rather than waiting for the 80p.

As for the extra £3.33 per person, if it says "service charge will be added" then it's part of the agreed bill. If it says discretionary, it's your choice but IMHO it's part of the cost of a night out.

Getting worked up over whether £3.33 per person is a reasonable cost for having someone set your place, take your order, bring your food, clear your dishes and bring your bill is no way to enjoy time out with friends.

If you're not happy with the service and food from an establishment, don't go there again. If it really was a disaster, talk to the manager.

Don't fret the little things and enjoy the company you're with.

You don't half assume a lot. didn't ruin my night at all. thank you very much. Talked about if for 2 mins and that was it. Didn't talk to the manager. Don't remember saying that. I just told the bar man I wasn't going to pay service charge for drinks at a bar especially as he was slow. Took 1 min longer.

Oh. by the way. We paid the tip for the waitress. All smiles, prompt, funny etc. No problem at all there.

Mr.Whippy
28th February 2011, 11:21
If £100 is a lot of money to you to tip a minimum wage waiter then you're in the wrong game.I agree with the OP, give the £100 to a worthwhile cause and a smaller tip to the waiter.

Most of the time restaurant staff do absolutely nothing to earn any gratuity as they expect it most of the time so they have no incentive to actually provide a good service.

rightfluff
28th February 2011, 11:21

If £100 is a lot of money to you to tip a minimum wage waiter then you're in the wrong game.

£100 to anybody on this board is a lot of money to tip a min. wage waiter for a £100 meal. don't make out you're something that you're not. If you do that then you're a mug.

you have to talk about your work for charity otherwise you won't get any sponsorship. what a tool.

Old Greg
28th February 2011, 11:23
£100 to anybody on this board is a lot of money to tip a min. wage waiter for a £100 meal. don't make out you're something that you're not. If you do that then you're a mug.

you have to talk about your work for charity otherwise you won't get any sponsorship. what a tool.

You have managed to completely miss the point, yet still come to the correct conlusion. Bravo!

rightfluff
28th February 2011, 11:27
I agree with the OP, give the £100 to a worthwhile cause and a smaller tip to the waiter.

Most of the time restaurant staff do absolutely nothing to earn any gratuity as they expect it most of the time so they have no incentive to actually provide a good service.

Thank you

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 11:31

I think your calling is in RF. Please take a look at light relief and park yourself in Test Please Delete with the rest of the whiners

HTH

MF

d000hg
28th February 2011, 11:38
I don't go to places where the staff are generally rude and unhelpful.

Seems to me the OP is at fault for not reading his bill in the first place, the total was £21.12 and the guy serving him let him off over a pound. I bet that pound meant more to him than 80p does to you, but he didn't feel the need to complain.

Read things before you hand over the money in future.

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 11:44

Seems to me the OP is at fault for not reading his bill in the first place, the total was £21.12 and the guy serving him let him off over a pound. I bet that pound meant more to him than 80p does to you, but he didn't feel the need to complain.

OP comes on a contractor forum. Posts a thread in General complaining about being charged 80p for service, then bangs on about how he's done a charity fun run and bought a red nose and wonders why he doesn't get any sympathy.

Sounds like a permie to me.

Old Greg
28th February 2011, 11:48
OP comes on a contractor forum.

Don't worry, I've wiped it up.

d000hg
28th February 2011, 11:49
I prefer to give money to people who really need it through charities not people on min. wage.

Yeah, talking about how you give to charities and about things you did in the past is definitely going to get you sponsorship money. Talk about things you're raising money for now, rather than trying to look good for boasting about what you did already.

SueEllen
28th February 2011, 11:55
rightfluff I understand your rant about the enforced tipping but you shouldn't have mentioned the amount.

One of the issues in that the actual tips go to the restaurant owner not the staff.

Also you may as well got the staff serving you into trouble as if the service charge is mandatory then his till will be down and in most places if your till is down more than once you get sacked after being accused of being a thief.

rightfluff
28th February 2011, 12:04

The bill said 19.20 and then had another total with the discretionary charge. I gave him £20. he decided to not give me the change and allow me to leave the change. That's bad service. the amount is irrelevant.

rightfluff
28th February 2011, 12:07
OP comes on a contractor forum. Posts a thread in General complaining about being charged 80p for service, then bangs on about how he's done a charity fun run and bought a red nose and wonders why he doesn't get any sympathy.

I was called tight so I defended myself. Sounds like it's ok for people to say they throw their money around for no reason but it's not ok to say you help people out.

rightfluff
28th February 2011, 12:12
Yeah, talking about how you give to charities and about things you did in the past is definitely going to get you sponsorship money. Talk about things you're raising money for now, rather than trying to look good for boasting about what you did already.

Not trying to look good or boasting just defending myself as I was called tight.
Ok. doing more tri. this year for charity. I won't mention when, which ones etc. because it's throwned upon here. However, it's fine to say I'm going to throw £100 here and there etc.

SueEllen
28th February 2011, 12:15
Not trying to look good or boasting just defending myself as I was called tight.

You know most of the posts on this forum are rubbish don't you? So don't take them seriously tightwad. :wink

Ok. doing more tri. this year for charity. I won't mention when, which ones etc. because it's throwned upon here. However, it's fine to say I'm going to throw £100 here and there etc.
:tired

signed cheap skate

rightfluff
28th February 2011, 12:15

Contractor and have been for some years. Oh sorry. Am I allowed to say that? Is that allowed on here. Probably number 8 on the top 10 list of things you're not allowed to say. No. 1 of course being doing stuff for charity of course.

rightfluff
28th February 2011, 12:16
You know all of the posts on this forum are rubbish don't you? So don't take them seriously tightwad. :wink

:tired

signed cheap skate

typo

Churchill
28th February 2011, 12:17
Contractor and have been for some years. Oh sorry. Am I allowed to say that? Is that allowed on here. Probably number 8 on the top 10 list of things you're not allowed to say. No. 1 of course being doing stuff for charity of course.

Stop ******** whinging! You're giving me a headache!

rightfluff
28th February 2011, 12:20
Stop ******** whinging! You're giving me a headache!

FO. do what I want. You going to stop me? Not listening to some sado who's posted over 20,000 times.
What a geek.

I prefer this. I'm going to post insulting posts from now on as well. Sod having a proper discussion.

Oi. Churchill. You dog.

Churchill
28th February 2011, 12:23
FO. do what I want. You going to stop me?

I just had to quote this for posterity. It's been a while since I've had some fun with an armchair warrior.

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 12:26

Lighten up a bit. Yeah, I'd have been a bit annoyed I guess, but you sound like you take yourself waaay serious. That's throwned upon here.

Churchill
28th February 2011, 12:28
Lighten up a bit. Yeah, I'd have been a bit annoyed I guess, but you sound like you take yourself waaay serious. That's throwned upon here.

Ahem!

frowned?

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 12:30
Ahem!

frowned?

I was taking the pee out of him, KUATB :wink

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 12:30

I've always found that those people who deem the need to do charitable work / sponsored events / donate money and then boast about it are doing it for entirely selfish reasons. It makes them feel good about themselves, allows them to feel better than others, by boasting it craves attention and recognition of ones acts, which by now are shown not to be selfless. Nothing altruistic about it.

On the flip side they are normally miserly and the feeling that boasting about ones 'charity' tends to be a crutch to counter balance the main part. Not saying you're like that of course.

On the main post though. I must apologise. I had suggested a £100 tip based on the fact I thought it was £100 per head and so a 25% of £400 for the meal would have been fair. I didn't realise it was a £100 for the whole meal, at which point that would be deemed excessive. I didn't realise it was possible to get a meal for 4 for less than a £100, so I assume that the restaurant you went to is one of those Hungry Horse types places?

Churchill
28th February 2011, 12:32
I was taking the pee out of him, KUATB :wink

It's a girl - was drinking wine by the glass. A (real)bloke would've bought a pint!

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 12:33
I've always found that those people who deem the need to do charitable work / sponsored events / donate money and then boast about it are doing it for entirely selfish reasons. It makes them feel good about themselves, allows them to feel better than others, by boasting it craves attention and recognition of ones acts, which by now are shown not to be selfless. Nothing altruistic about it.

WHS. There is no selfless act.

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 12:34
It's a girl - was drinking wine by the glass. A (real)bloke would've bought a pint!

Mmmm. A pint of wine.

Churchill
28th February 2011, 12:35
WHS. There is no selfless act.

What about that squaddy who threw himself on a hand-grenade. He didn't know beforehand that he'd survive. That was a selfless act.

Churchill
28th February 2011, 12:36
Mmmm. A pint of wine.

Yeah, I know a girl who does that, point taken.

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 12:36
What about that squaddy who threw himself on a hand-grenade. He didn't know beforehand that he'd survive. That was a stupid act.

ftfy

amcdonald
28th February 2011, 12:37
Mmmm. A pint of wine.

Or Buckie as it's known oop north

Churchill
28th February 2011, 12:38
ftfy

He saved his mates from injury. A concept that I'm sure is alien to yourself.

GreenLabel
28th February 2011, 12:39
OP gets bitter and angry very quickly, digs in heels, posts replies in two or three lines and calls other posters sad for having high post counts...

I smell kandr.

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 12:40

I don't know why you're bring Zeity into this.

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 12:41
What about that squaddy who threw himself on a hand-grenade. He didn't know beforehand that he'd survive. That was a selfless act.

Pah. He did it cos he knew it'd get him into the Daily Mail. ;)

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 12:42
I smell kandr.

Not sure. Slightly different posting style isn't it?

Churchill
28th February 2011, 12:43

You Welsh?

There's tidy!

GreenLabel
28th February 2011, 12:45

I'm not 100% certain either way, but if you compare the approach taken on this one to his moaning thread about the AA ripping him off when they charged him extra because he wasn't a member*, the two are similar.

*In spite of overwhelming evidence that points to the fact that he is, indeed, a member.

PRC1964
28th February 2011, 12:46

I'm sure I read somewhere that one of his reasons for doing it was that it was him who stepped on the trip-wire that activated it and so it was his "duty" to protect the others.

Churchill
28th February 2011, 12:48
I'm sure I read somewhere that one of his reasons for doing it was that it was him who stepped on the trip-wire that activated it and so it was his "duty" to protect the others.

Not a bad credo.

cailin maith
28th February 2011, 12:52
Did someone say Pint of Wine?

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 12:53

Yes. But there's a 10% service charge.

I do a lot of work for 'charidy' you know.

PRC1964
28th February 2011, 12:53
Not a bad credo.

Absolutely, an extreme form of taking one for the team. But it could be claimed that it makes it no longer an entirely selfless act. Anyway, he certainly effing deserved that medal he got for it.

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 12:54
Absolutely, an extreme form of taking one for the team. But it could be claimed that it makes it no longer an entirely selfless act. Anyway, he certainly effing deserved that medal he got for it.

I don't think much goes through your mind at the point apart from 'FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!'

PRC1964

So do I. Will you sponsor me to drink that pint of wine? :tongue

realityhack
Pint of wine? Where? Have I missed the round?

MaryPoppins

:laugh

Like a moth to the flame

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 12:55

Yes, sorry, I've had mine now. I will wibble up to the bar again.

cailin maith
28th February 2011, 12:56

10% is ok but I want a full pint. Don't try to rip me off.

Like a moth to the flame

:laugh Sooooooo predictable.

realityhack
28th February 2011, 12:57
Yes, sorry, I've had mine now. I will wibble up to the bar again.
That was quick. Best get me 2 so I can catch up. Here's £20 to tip the barmaid.

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 12:59

Don't be flash. Better put it in the charity box and help yourself to a dozen stickers while you're at it.

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 12:59

Sod that, you can sponsor me twenty quid to walk up the Himalayas dressed as a chicken. It's for charity, you see. I don't like to talk about it.

realityhack
28th February 2011, 13:02
Don't be flash. Better put it in the charity box and help yourself to a dozen stickers while you're at it.
I've nowhere left to put the stickers what with all the others, AIDS ribbons, daffodils, poppies and whatnot. Best stick them on my forehead next to my justgiving website tattoo.

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 13:02
Sod that, you can sponsor me twenty quid to walk up the Himalayas dressed as a chicken. It's for charity, you see. I don't like to talk about it.

You want someone to sponsor you £20 to walk up a hill dressed as an old bird? Money for old rope isn't it.

realityhack
28th February 2011, 13:03
I've no idea how you plucked up the courage. Cheers!

Old Greg
28th February 2011, 13:04
I've nowhere left to put the stickers what with all the others, AIDS ribbons, daffodils, poppies and whatnot. Best stick them on my forehead next to my justgiving website tattoo.

There really needs to be a charity / cause badge device where you can contribute online to download the poppy / breast cancer awareness etc. symbol.

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 13:05
You want someone to sponsor you £20 to walk up a hill dressed as an old bird? Money for old rope isn't it.

No.

I don't normally do hills.

realityhack
28th February 2011, 13:06
There really needs to be a charity / cause badge device where you can contribute online to download the poppy / breast cancer awareness etc. symbol.
It's sort of already done with people putting graphics over their FB/twatter avatars - but with no guarantee that they actually donated.

Are we off-topic enough yet?

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 13:06
It looks like he's gone. :-(

Probably organizing a whip round in the office for Polish waiters.

Oh well

:eyes:

Churchill
28th February 2011, 13:08
Well done chaps and chapessesses! :music:

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 13:21
It's sort of already done with people putting graphics over their FB/twatter avatars - but with no guarantee that they actually donated.

Are we off-topic enough yet?

Not at all.

Did anyone see that list of NHS 'Must Not Happen' situations, on the news last week?

Old Greg
28th February 2011, 13:29
Not at all.

Did anyone see that list of NHS 'Must Not Happen' situations, on the news last week?

Did it include resuscitating tax evaders?

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 13:33
Did it include resuscitating tax evaders?

Sadly, not.

It did include not letting patients fall out of windows, and not allowing patients to commit suicide though.

Old Greg
28th February 2011, 13:41
Sadly, not.

It did include not letting patients fall out of windows, and not allowing patients to commit suicide though.

This is what keeps me in business. There is a clear intersection between those two events and that's where the contract lie.

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 13:47
This is what keeps me in business. There is a clear intersection between those two events and that's where the contract lie.

I'm not sure it was listed in any sort of ascending order. There were other things in between, like; don't accidently leave foreign objects in a patients body after surgery - etc. The usual minor stuff

d000hg
28th February 2011, 14:30
FO. do what I want. You going to stop me? Not listening to some sado

I just had to quote this for posterity. It's been a while since I've had some fun with an armchair warrior.Not since last time you got in a spat with a poster you'd forgotten was one of your own sockies?

Anyhow speaking of charity and sponsoring, can we sponsor MP to do Wilmslow for charity?

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 14:44
Anyhow speaking of charity and sponsoring, can we sponsor MP to do Wilmslow for charity?

No. I'm sure even W can get laid without the use of charity.

Thanks for trying to pimp me out though.

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 14:45

Thanks for trying to pimp me out though.

Yeah. It's called Rhyponol.

GreenLabel
28th February 2011, 15:01
I'm sure even W can get laid without the use of charity.

I'm not.

PrinceNamor
28th February 2011, 15:11
so RightFluff makes a perfectly valid point at the start of this thread and is then crucified by the usual suspects on this board.

Churchill - if anyone is an armchair warrior it's you. Your life must be really interesting that you spend so much of it on here.

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 15:12
so RightFluff makes a perfectly valid point at the start of this thread and is then crucified by the usual suspects on this board.

Churchill - if anyone is an armchair warrior it's you. Your life must be really interesting that you spend so much of it on here.

Hi kandr. Ever find that bar in Malaga?

cailin maith
28th February 2011, 15:16

Can you remind us what that was?

Churchill
28th February 2011, 15:19

Oh hello! Long time no see. Thanks for your input.

PrinceNamor
28th February 2011, 15:23
Hi kandr. Ever find that bar in Malaga?

Oh, yes. I returned late last night from a weekend that would have made Olly Reed proud. My productivity is not great today.

Malaga (Fuengirola) is a sh1thole though. Not somewhere I will be returning too.

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 15:24

Exactly Prince. I agree.

Churchill thinks he can attack anyone on the board who posts a different view to him.

I hope he's learnt his lesson this time.

(shakes head)

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 15:26
Malaga (Fuengirola) is a sh1thole

In other news, slavery has been abolished.

PrinceNamor
28th February 2011, 15:36
(shakes head)

don't shake it too vigorously - it might dislodge your mullet.

d000hg
28th February 2011, 16:17

Thanks for trying to pimp me out though.Is this just a money thing? How about we slip you 10%? Plus 50% of the profit from the video?

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 16:20
Is this just a money thing? How about we slip you 10%? Plus 50% of the profit from the video?

Lets just clear this up for a second. Doogie, are you saying you want to watch a video of Wilmslow having sex???????

If you give him your mobile and ask him nicely he might send you a picture of knob. :eyes

Board Game Geek
28th February 2011, 17:47
FO. do what I want.
:spel

FO. Seriously. do what I want.

HTH

EternalOptimist
28th February 2011, 18:05
In other news, slavery has been abolished.

when ?

I dont think so dear.

:rolleyes:

Pogle
28th February 2011, 19:55
Mmmm pint of wine ..... :tongue

Cliphead
28th February 2011, 19:59

Go fetch to me a pint o wine,
And fill it in a silver tassie;
That I may drink, before I go,
A service to my bonnie lassie

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 20:40
Go fetch to me a pint o wine,
And fill it in a silver tassie;
That I may drink, before I go,
A service to my bonnie lassie

You are Connor Macleod of the clan Macleod, born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel and you are pished and I claim my £5.

Cliphead
28th February 2011, 20:45
You are Connor Macleod of the clan Macleod, born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel and you are pished and I claim my £5.

I'm not pished yet but I will be :D

PS I was in that film.

MaryPoppins
28th February 2011, 21:00

You're late! You'll need to play catch up Pogle.

d000hg
28th February 2011, 22:25
Lets just clear this up for a second. Doogie, are you saying you want to watch a video of Wilmslow having sex???????Not me. But with a whole internet of perverts I bet you could raise a bit of cash for "MILF takes pity on IT loser".

Churchill
1st March 2011, 07:05
Not me. But with a whole internet of perverts I bet you could raise a bit of cash for "MILF takes pity on IT loser".

Didn't you "star" in the original?

d000hg
1st March 2011, 09:04
Sadly, no.

MaryPoppins
1st March 2011, 09:27
Not me. But with a whole internet of perverts I bet you could raise a bit of cash for "MILF takes pity on IT loser".

Piss off.

d000hg
1st March 2011, 09:36
Piss off.People would probably pay for that too :wink

Old Greg
1st March 2011, 10:17
People would probably pay for that too :wink

So, that's the one you starred in.

rightfluff
1st March 2011, 12:15
you lot still talking?
Trying to get those post counts up? Oh dear.

MaryPoppins
1st March 2011, 12:17
kandr's back!

:hug:

TykeMerc
1st March 2011, 12:17
you lot still talking?

Ah the stale aroma of unwashed socks.

Pondlife
1st March 2011, 12:18
kandr's back!

:hug:

Awww, bless his little crusty socks.

MarillionFan
1st March 2011, 12:53
you lot still talking?

Not me. Just done a sponsored parachute drive, organized Live Aid 3 and saved an orphanage in Romania from an earthquake.

I don't like to talk about it though.

Old Greg
1st March 2011, 12:56
Not me. Just done a sponsored parachute drive, organized Live Aid 3 and saved an orphanage in Romania from an earthquake.

I don't like to talk about it though.

Thanks for the kidney, as well. Little Jimmy now can go and play with his friends in the park.

amcdonald
1st March 2011, 12:57
People would probably pay for that too :wink

But probably not as much as two girls one Wilmslow

Who needs a cup :eek

MarillionFan
1st March 2011, 13:04
Thanks for the kidney, as well. Little Jimmy now can go and play with his friends in the park.

I hope he enjoyed the all expenses paid trip to Disney Land as well.

But shhhh, I don't like to talk about it.

Old Greg
1st March 2011, 13:05
Shhhh. I hope he enjoyed the all expenses paid trip to Disney Land.

But I don't like to talk about it.

Me neither, I just well up.