PDA

View Full Version : Well that clears that one up...

gingerjedi
8th March 2011, 13:37
Tiger kills lion in Turkish zoo (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12669308)

I always thought tigers looked a bit harder.

Next up: Squirrel v Guinea pig...

Mich the Tester
8th March 2011, 13:39
Six tigers and two lions remain at the zoo.

Not the first time then?

DimPrawn
8th March 2011, 13:40
Big Cat vs alligator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sAF8gMN9c0

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 14:40
I once saw a duck beat a squirrel in a fight for a pink wafer biscuit.

Churchill
8th March 2011, 14:44
I once saw a duck beat a squirrel in a fight for a pink wafer biscuit.

I bet the squirrel wasn't a Black Spetnaz Squirrel! He'd have really f*cked the duck, big style!

Clippy
8th March 2011, 14:48
Tiger vs Croc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wi5mR-kWM8

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 14:50
I bet the squirrel wasn't a Black Spetnaz Squirrel! He'd have really f*cked the duck, big style!

The full context is that the duck had its young with her, so was really giving it some. In reality, it was probably all quack and no peck, but the squirrel wasn't to know that.

TimberWolf
8th March 2011, 14:58
I once saw a domestic cat versus dog, I forget where. It was a feisty cat and not a huge dog. The cat was having none of the usual running away cat from dog business and stood it's ground and fought. Anyway the dog grabbed it by the neck and cat cat died almost instantly.

PrinceNamor
8th March 2011, 15:10
I had my dog, a Labrador out for a walk one day. He loves to chase squirrels but had never caught one until that day. I'm not sure if this squirrel was deaf, he had his back to my dog, Digby, who was bounding towards him, but either didn't hear Digby coming or was lost in a squirrel daydream.
Digby quickly brought him back to reality as he wrapped his mouth around his head and ran off with him. The squirrel thrashed furiously for a few seconds until Digby bit down and ended him.

Good boy Digby, I frackin hate squirrels.

Churchill
8th March 2011, 15:16
I had my dog, a Labrador out for a walk one day. He loves to chase squirrels but had never caught one until that day. I'm not sure if this squirrel was deaf, he had his back to my dog, Digby, who was bounding towards him, but either didn't hear Digby coming or was lost in a squirrel daydream.
Digby quickly brought him back to reality as he wrapped his mouth around his head and ran off with him. The squirrel thrashed furiously for a few seconds until Digby bit down and ended him.

What a load of bollocks.

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 15:16

OK, Folks, positive rep for the first person to tell me the most wrong this about this post.

Churchill
8th March 2011, 15:17
OK, Folks, positive rep for the first person to tell me the most wrong this about this post.

It's all bollocks.

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 15:20
It's all bollocks.

Wrong!

GreenLabel
8th March 2011, 15:23
Rabbit Vs. Snake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ez5QPW-ku4

Churchill
8th March 2011, 15:24

You used a capital "O" and a capital "F" in your original sentence. Also it don't scan proper!

wobbegong
8th March 2011, 15:25

The squirrel wouldn't have to have heard the dog, he would've felt the vibrations of his approach?

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 15:27
You used a capital "O" and a capital "F" in your original sentence. Also it don't scan proper!

Wrong! I am using 'Folks' as a proper name, so a capital letter in this context is acceptable. It is not poetry, but prose, so scansion is not relevant.

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 15:27
The squirrel wouldn't have to have heard the dog, he would've felt the vibrations of his approach?

Wrong, but nice try!

Churchill
8th March 2011, 15:28
Wrong! I am using 'Folks' as a proper name, so a capital letter in this context is acceptable. It is not poetry, but prose, so scansion is not relevant.

You're using "Folks" as a proper name rather than its proper use as a collective noun.

Lay all that positive rep on me, bro!

wobbegong
8th March 2011, 15:29
Labradors mouths are too small to accomodate a squirrels whole head?

Churchill
8th March 2011, 15:31

That's one big mother-******** squirrel!

TimberWolf
8th March 2011, 15:32
A dog isn't so much interested in killing things as in making little new friends to chase around?

Old Greg
You're using "Folks" as a proper name rather than its proper use as a collective noun.

Lay all that positive rep on me, bro!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Churchill again.

I have chosen to give you all the name 'Folks' and that is sufficient as far as grammar is concerned.

Old Greg

Wrong!

Churchill
Nobody in their right mind would name a dog "Digby"?

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 15:33
A dog isn't so much interested in killing things as in making little new friends to chase around?

Wrong, but I like it. If no-one gets the right answer, you're on course to win.

TimberWolf

Why are you asking questions?

Churchill
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Churchill again.

I have chosen to give you all the name 'Folks' and that is sufficient as far as grammar is concerned.

I said "positive" rep!

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 15:34

Well done. Will distribute the rep next time I'm allowed to.

Churchill
8th March 2011, 15:34
Why are you asking questions?

No! Why are you asking questions?

wobbegong
8th March 2011, 15:35
Squirrels eyes are mounted on the side of its head so it would've seen the dog?

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 15:36
I said "positive" rep!

As soon as I press the 'Reputation' button, that's what it says. I've no idea how this thing works. I have to spend my time giving rep to random people just so I can keep negging the right people. Don't they know I'm trying to run a business?

TimberWolf
8th March 2011, 15:36
No! Why are you asking questions?

Ah, I thought you posed the original question, but looking back I see it was Old Greg.

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 15:39
Squirrels eyes are mounted on the side of its head so it would've seen the dog?

But it would have been distracted by the sight of the kind of **** who calls his dog 'Digby'.

PrinceNamor
8th March 2011, 15:49
But it would have been distracted by the sight of the kind of **** who calls his dog 'Digby'.
I'm guessing if you had a dog it would be a staffie and you would call it Tyson. :winker:

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 15:51
I'm guessing if you had a dog it would be a staffie and you would call it Tyson. :winker:

Wrong! Have another guess.

Churchill
8th March 2011, 15:54
Wrong! Have another guess.

I won't tell him you poodle's called "FooFoo". :wink

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 15:55
I won't tell him you poodle's called "FooFoo". :wink

Getting warmer, but still cold. Next guess.

TimberWolf
8th March 2011, 15:56

Because they are bred to be retrievers rather than runawayers?

Churchill
8th March 2011, 15:56

Ok, you've got a Bichon Frise and it's called "FooFoo"?

wobbegong
8th March 2011, 15:59

A Rotweiler called "Jűrgen"?

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 16:01
A Rotweiler called "Jűrgen"?

Wrong! Cold as the grave.

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 16:02
Because they are bred to be retrievers rather than runawayers?

You need to catch up, because we're playing a different game now.

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 16:03
Ok, you've got a Bichon Frise and it's called "FooFoo"?

Wrong! Still cold.

wobbegong
8th March 2011, 16:05
A Jack Russell called "Simon"?

Jog On
8th March 2011, 16:07
You need to catch up, because we're playing a different game now.

Can we have the answer to the original game then?

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 16:09
A Jack Russell called "Simon"?

OK, we're starting to get warm now. Good work.

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 16:10
Can we have the answer to the original game then?

There we are.

wobbegong
8th March 2011, 16:11
OK, we're starting to get warm now. Good work.

A Yorkie called "Trixie"?

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 16:12

Getting colder again.

Pondlife
8th March 2011, 16:13
Are you sure Digby (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069974/) is not an acceptable name for a large Old English Sheepdog? Most likely owned by someone in their late thirties.

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 16:16
Are you sure Digby (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069974/) is not an acceptable name for a large Old English Sheepdog? Most likely owned by someone in their late thirties.

Yes. It's an unacceptable name for any kind of dog owned by someone with a crush on a national spokesman for business.

Dark Black
8th March 2011, 16:26

I always wanted a Yorkie called Prudence :)

cojak
8th March 2011, 16:28
Have we considered baboons vs badgers?

My money would be on the baboon...

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 16:30
Have we considered baboons vs badgers?

My money would be on the baboon...

The badger would fight dirty and could dig a trap for the baboon to fall in.

Pondlife
8th March 2011, 16:32
There is actually a serious lesson to be learnt here.

It's all very well singing "Who's the :winker: with the stripes" all day, but you really should be checking your security first.

Churchill
8th March 2011, 16:37
There is actually a serious lesson to be learnt here.

It's all very well singing "Who's the :winker: with the stripes" all day, but you really should be checking your security first.

Yeah, and if you're a lion and she's a sexy tiger is she gonna ***** you or eat you?

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 16:39
Yeah, and if you're a lion and she's a sexy tiger is she gonna ***** you or eat you?

I'm assuming you're a bloated scabby old lion?

OwlHoot
8th March 2011, 16:39

The squirrel would have felt the vibrations of a dopey great lab bounding towards him, and been off in a flash long before the mutt reached him

(unless possibly it was _very_ unwell with some squirrel malady and practically dead anyway)

Churchill
8th March 2011, 16:41
I'm assuming you're a bloated scabby old lion?

No mate, leader of the pack, alpha male through and through. :wink

Churchill
8th March 2011, 16:42
The squirrel would have felt the vibrations of a dopey great lab bounding towards him, and been off in a flash long before the mutt reached him

(unless possibly it was _very_ unwell with some squirrel malady and practically dead anyway)

Or the original tale was complete bollocks?

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 16:44
Or the original tale was complete bollocks?

Come to think of it, not even the worst **** would call his dog 'Digby'. Nice one, OP!

PrinceNamor
9th March 2011, 09:08
Come to think of it, not even the worst **** would call his dog 'Digby'. Nice one, OP!

Stop swapping spit now boys you smug w*nkers. You are two truly sad little tossers.

Yes, it must be a lie and the notion of a dog catching a squirell is just so fantasical that I must have made it up.

YouTube - My dog catches a squirrel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDoAqtO1r4E)

YouTube - bulldog caught squirrel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9R-vt4jQCI)

:winker::winker::winker::winker::winker::winker::w inker: