• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Won't happen in my lifetime...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't happen in my lifetime...

A manned moonbase

A manned mission to Mars

We find out what happened to Lord Lucan

A supersonic replacement for Concorde..

Sorry, but Ipads just don't make up for all that.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    A manned moonbase

A manned mission to Mars

Now you've reminded me I'm feeling a bit glum about that. NASA haven't had a manned mission out of low earth orbit since 1972 (or anybody else for that matter).
    Me, me, me...

Comment

A manned moonbase

A manned mission to Mars

Either you've just been told you only have a couple of years to live or you've had a bit too much to drink. Cheer up man!

Someone will build a base on the moon in the next 20 years or so, possibly the Chinese or the Indians but most likely it'll be an international joint effort, possibly part funded by commercial space tourism ventures. Just as soon as they realize it's cheaper than the ISS and they'll be able to do a lot more cool stuff it will get done.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'd be happy if they just filled the 72 potholes in the road outside my house in my lifetime.

**** the moon!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I'd be happy if they just filled the 72 potholes in the road outside my house in my lifetime.

**** the moon!
          Are you saying that you've got more craters on your road than on the light side of the moon?

Comment

A manned moonbase

A manned mission to Mars

World peace.

Comment

• A manned moonbase
                I think that might happen in my lifetime.
              • A manned mission to Mars
                Probably not in my lifetime.
              • We find out what happened to Lord Lucan
                I don't give a tulip what happened to him.
              • A supersonic replacement for Concorde.
                I'd say that was 50-50. I normally hate the noise of planes, but the sound of concorde flying over was something special.
              • Sorry, but Ipads just don't make up for all that.
                20 years ago no one had mobile phones, your camera could only take 36 photos and then you had to wait for them to be developed, and you had to pay for the rubbish ones. There was no internet, no youtube, no mp3 player that could hold more music than you will ever listen to. You couldn't Skype your family in Australia, watch TV programs of your choice when you wanted to, send a photo to your grandparents by email, work from home etc etc.

I don't like a lot that happens now, but I wouldn't go back.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Now you've reminded me I'm feeling a bit glum about that. NASA haven't had a manned mission out of low earth orbit since 1972 (or anybody else for that matter).
                You mean haven't filmed anything in
                a film studio since 1972.

I find it amazing that only the US has been to the moon. The Russian have said it's impossible and now 42 years later since the first 'landings' we still have not done anything else.

I don't believe they ever did.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  You mean haven't filmed anything in
                  a film studio since 1972.

I find it amazing that only the US has been to the moon. The Russian have said it's impossible and now 42 years later since the first 'landings' we still have not done anything else.

I don't believe they ever did.
                  I believe they went to the Moon, but I don't believe they came back. I haven't yet fully fleshed out this conspiracy theory.

Comment

Did no-one read my Apollo 20 thread a while back?

Apollo 19 went to explore a crashed alien spaceship on the far side of the moon seen by Apollo 15, but the mission failed, Apollo 20 succeeded, it's 100% true, the evidence is here;

APOLLO 20 ALIEN SHIP CONTROVERSY

Apollo 18 was, of course the Apollo-Soyuz mission, a practice for 19 and 20.

I GUARANTEE that if you're not 100% SATISFIED with this story I will PERSONALLY refund the internet time you have SPENT*

stek

*less $4m indemnity fee, by reading this you understand I'm totally off my head and not responsible for my.., well just not responsible....

Comment

Working...
                    X