• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody want to buy a boat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody want to buy a boat?

For Sale
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Yes. Unfortunately client co's security policy blocks access to that link.

Comment

Buying your first boat is the best day of your life. The second best day is selling it
      Sailing your own yacht is like standing in a cold shower tearing up twenty pound notes
      er, no thanks

(mind you, running a boat is still probably a lot cheaper and easier than owning a horse)
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Hmm, how close to the Houses of Parliament could I get in that?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          er, no thanks

(mind you, running a boat is still probably a lot cheaper and easier than owning a horse)
          Not much between them to be honest. Although, burying a dead boat is a damned sight easier to organise :-)
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
            Yes. Unfortunately client co's security policy blocks access to that link.
            Just for Wurzel

BBC News - Carrier HMS Ark Royal put up for auction on MoD website

Carrier HMS Ark Royal put up for auction on MoD website.

The aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal has gone up for sale on the Ministry of Defence's auction website. The Royal Navy's former flagship was decommissioned two weeks ago after 25 years' service as part of the government's defence budget review.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I walked right into that....

Comment

Proposals for it include turning it into a commercial heliport, a base for security personnel during the London Olympics, or a school and nightclub.
                A school and nightclub.

I wish my school days were like that.

Comment

I believe a boat is a hole in the sea you throw money into.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I reckon the Somali pirates will be after it for a mothership!
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X