• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory's out to burn scotland cause no one voted for them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tory's out to burn scotland cause no one voted for them

A quote from the Guardian, did Gideon give any foresight into his actions, at all?

Osborne made policy on the fly so he could make political capital from his 1p off petrol duty. However:

1. The policy make no difference at the pumps.
    2. It only applies in England.
    3. To pay for it he established a £2 billion tax that only applies to business in Scotland.
    4. In the process putting at risk upwards of 3,000 jobs north of the border.

Whatever your political persuasion and whatever you feel about big business, this was simply bad policy, made in a hurry for the wrong reasons.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I think he should have stuck 20p on a litre of fuel.

This would have solved AGW and raised billions of pounds.

Then add 20p every month for the next 5 years.

The planet would soon cool off, and we'd have no deficit, jobs in Scotland, and empty roads.

Comment

It made no difference to the price at the pumps round here, anyway. No rise, but no fall either.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I rather like Scotland and have always enjoyed visiting, especially Ayrshire where I have some good friends. Perhaps not entirely coincidentally one of the smarter areas of Scotland.

However, what mystifies me about Scotland is that in many areas like the rough end of Glasgow, life's been a bit tulip for a long time. Now I don't begrudge anyone wanting a better life for themselves and their families; I think that's what everyone wants. But why, oh why, if life's been tulip for donkeys' years, would people carry on voting for the same people time and time again?

Maybe the Scots should all vote Tory?!?!?!
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I rather like Scotland and have always enjoyed visiting, especially Ayrshire where I have some good friends. Perhaps not entirely coincidentally one of the smarter areas of Scotland.

However, what mystifies me about Scotland is that in many areas like the rough end of Glasgow, life's been a bit tulip for a long time. Now I don't begrudge anyone wanting a better life for themselves and their families; I think that's what everyone wants. But why, oh why, if life's been tulip for donkeys' years, would people carry on voting for the same people time and time again?

Maybe the Scots should all vote Tory?!?!?!
          Ayrshire is a feckin dump, probably about the tulipiest area of Scotland. Just town after town of people who can look at 2 objects at the same time, usualy 2 people they want to fight next.

Enter SB stage left

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Ayrshire is a feckin dump, probably about the tulipiest area of Scotland. Just town after town of people who can look at 2 objects at the same time, usualy 2 people they want to fight next.

Enter SB stage left
            Was about to jump to the defense of Ayr, but having seen your last remark, never mind.

Comment

Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                OK, so the whole area isn't that great, but I rather like Ayr; not a bad place at all.

Comment

Was about to jump to the defense of Ayr, but having seen your last remark, never mind.
                  Ayr is one of the better areas but it's still a dump, I know quite a few people from Ayr and Prestwick and they are all funny voiced drug abusing chancers.

Comment

OK, so the whole area isn't that great, but I rather like Ayr; not a bad place at all.
                    I have a friend lives in Ayr, we were just talking about the place yesterday. Riddled with drugs, crime increasing, shops empty and being boarded up...
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X