• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Like that is ever going to happen."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Like that is ever going to happen."

I told them when working on the criminal history system they would be screwed if anyone over 99 ever commited a crime as they only had 2 digits for the Nominal's age. Could he not have waited another year and a bit ...

A 98-year-old man has appeared in private at Perth Sheriff Court on two charges of attempted murder.

Sylvester Nowak is alleged to have used an axe and a knife to try to kill two female police officers at his home in Birch Row, Scone, on Tuesday afternoon.
    BBC News - 98-year-old Sylvester Nowak on murder bid charges

You can still only be convicted of a maximum of 999 crimes.

As a test manager, I often hear clients saying 'oh but that has never happened before so why should we care about it'. I remind them that every day things happen that have never happened before. Then when they still don't listen, I invoice them and laugh about it.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

...and was formerly a prisoner of the Nazis during the war.
      Maybe he thought the SS had arrived?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Considering what the plod look like these days, an easy mistake to make.
        behave
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I told them when working on the criminal history system they would be screwed if anyone over 99 ever commited a crime as they only had 2 digits for the Nominal's age. Could he not have waited another year and a bit ...

You miss the statistics reporting which is based on date of birth, offender initials and the first half of the postcode for tracking prolific offenders.

When it was first discussed (at the home office) I mentioned a number of sets of twins and 1 set of quads with the same initials. New people still get confused over how TF is able to continually commit crimes while two of them are sat in prison.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

The young lad who nicked my car stereo 20 years ago was well on his way to that.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              You miss the statistics reporting which is based on date of birth, offender initials and the first half of the postcode for tracking prolific offenders.

When it was first discussed (at the home office) I mentioned a number of sets of twins and 1 set of quads with the same initials. New people still get confused over how TF is able to continually commit crimes while two of them are sat in prison.
              Does eek win this willy waving contest?
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                I wasn't trying that. I merely wanted to point out the total incompetency of the Home Office statisticians.

PS there is a solution for the 999 crimes issue. There are an awful large number of "twins" who are also prolific offenders.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  No, because the Home Office he was reffering to was the box room at the back of the house that he stuck a desk in.
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    No, because the Home Office he was reffering to was the box room at the back of the house that he stuck a desk in.

Comment

Working...
                    X